Aquaroll Storage

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
We have just bought a new Bailer Ranger 550/6 and are very pleased with it. Was surprised though to find that there is no way I can put the 40-litre Aquaroll in the front locker as in my previous van as it doesn't fit!! Seems odd that a fairly new design of van won't take it. The same must apply to other Rangers and possibly the Pageant Series 5 as well. What do you other Ranger owners do with your Aquaroll? - is there a secret method to fit it in somehow or is your Aquaroll stored in the washroom in a bag where mine will be tomorrow for our first outing?!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew

We used to have a Bailey Beachcomber 470/4 which had the same body as the original Rangers. We always carried our water barrels & waste containers etc in the shower, as it had a rear wash room. But we now have a Sterling Europa 500 which has the same layout as yours, and they're carried on the floor of the rear dining area. Suitably restrained of course. We've never carried any of these items in the nose bay. I can't anyway in the Sterling as, unlike the Bailey, with the 'van completely empty, the nose weight is already at it's limit. A common problem according to the dealer at the time. (I'd love to know who designed it).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew

I have a 2004 Ranger 470/4 and a 50 litre water hog. I put it over the axle inside the van- no other option as you say. It does mean that I have to wash and towel off the container when leaving the site though.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mine goes into the shower cubicle on my Bailey Ranger 460/2. Seems a good place to me as it doesn't get in the way (i rarely shower en route) and it doesn't mattter if the floor gets wet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mr Z bungle- we share opinions on towing (you replied to my 50mph, 60mph? thread) and we also have a similar van too! I don't put mine in the shower in case it scratches the shower tray- but then i'm a fussy ******!

By the way, although we aren't talking about the Ranger as part of this thread- I do really rate mine!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We used to love our 470/4. Had it for 6 years in the end. The end wash room, which was quite unusual at the time, was superb for a dressing room. We used to have an off cut of carpet in our shower tray when it wasn't in use. So it was easy for transporting items in it, or storing boots etc when on site. The sealant around the edge went however after 5 years, so I had to remove the tray and dry out the floor underneath which had gone black, and then resealed it properly.

Sadly we sold it it though, as with two young kids we wanted a rear dining area / bunk bed, that could be closed off at night with a proper door rather than just pulling a curtain around them.

Sorry Andrew, drifting away from the thread there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After owning an Ace Award in which the acquroll fitted easily into the front locker , we now have an Abbey Vogue 420 and the only way I can fit it in is to take off the rubber "tyres" round the side of the aquroll, and then it only just goes in. Never even thought of using the Shower, but will now, will just slip it into a bin liner.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We always choose a van that will accommodate the "mucky stuff" in the front locker. So that sadly rules out Avondales.The present Ace Jubilee Statesman front locker easily takes two aquarolls and a watering can in one corner of the front locker and two Camping Gaz cylinders take up space in the other corner.having the spare wheel under the van means that the box of satellite stuff and the water pump paraphernalia fit in the middle and two hook up cables thus giving a nose weight of 90kg

With ref to spellchecker on previous thread just found out that right click checker will work on this site ---yipppee

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mr Z bungle- we share opinions on towing (you replied to my 50mph, 60mph? thread) and we also have a similar van too! I don't put mine in the shower in case it scratches the shower tray- but then i'm a fussy ******!

By the way, although we aren't talking about the Ranger as part of this thread- I do really rate mine!
I too am a fussy ******, that's why we have covers for both the aquaroll and the wastemaster. We also have a piece of old carpet on the floor of the shower as we use it more for storage when on-site in summer (we do shower, but we use the shower-block).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

If we're going to talk about the Bailey Ranger... We love ours. Lightest end-bathroom van on the market and excellent value for money. It tows beautifully behind our Picasso 2.0HDi. But why, oh why, oh why do Bailey put the water heater controls under the bed (once it is made up)? If you want to adjust the water early in the morning, before the bed is put away, you have to lie on the floor with a torch. And why is the room thermostat adjacent to the flue? Always gives a wrong reading. Like I say, I am a fussy ******.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've just had some strengthening and crack filling done to the front panel on my Elddis Typhoon. The guy that fixed it said you really shouldn't store anything in the front that can move around as this could cause damage to the glass fibre. Anyway I keep my auafoll in the back of my car in a storage bag. When I had a Baily 500/5 I used the toilet area.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew

We used to have a Bailey Beachcomber 470/4 which had the same body as the original Rangers. We always carried our water barrels & waste containers etc in the shower, as it had a rear wash room. But we now have a Sterling Europa 500 which has the same layout as yours, and they're carried on the floor of the rear dining area. Suitably restrained of course. We've never carried any of these items in the nose bay. I can't anyway in the Sterling as, unlike the Bailey, with the 'van completely empty, the nose weight is already at it's limit. A common problem according to the dealer at the time. (I'd love to know who designed it).
where do you store your gas bottles then? just curious

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If we're going to talk about the Bailey Ranger... We love ours. Lightest end-bathroom van on the market and excellent value for money. It tows beautifully behind our Picasso 2.0HDi. But why, oh why, oh why do Bailey put the water heater controls under the bed (once it is made up)? If you want to adjust the water early in the morning, before the bed is put away, you have to lie on the floor with a torch. And why is the room thermostat adjacent to the flue? Always gives a wrong reading. Like I say, I am a fussy ******.
Now I really am a fussy ******....the first thing I bought (even though I tink they are expensive) were the aqua roll bags for the freshwater and waistecontainer. A good investment and I also keep mine in the bathroom when travelling.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I keep the 40L aquaroll and wastemaster in custom made bags in the end bathroom area of our Avondale Landranger. This protects the van from dirt, water, etc.

I DON'T put it in the shower as I've had problems with cracked shower trays in a couple of vans. I was asked by insurance company if I kept the aquaroll in the shower as this was recognised as a problem by them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew

I have a 2004 Ranger 470/4 and a 50 litre water hog. I put it over the axle inside the van- no other option as you say. It does mean that I have to wash and towel off the container when leaving the site though.
I always store mine in the shower or toilet compartment. I also bought bags from Gardners of wakefield to keep the van clean.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
where do you store your gas bottles then? just curious
We only usually carry one small bottle as we always rely in the elec hook up. No point in paying twice. I've fitted a spare wheel carrier which virtual counter balances the bottle. Even with very careful loading and most heavy items in the car, it still ends up on its' nose weight limit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts