Aquaroll

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
There are two types of Aquaroll I think. The economy version is made from recycled plastic and not UV tolerant.

Which ever one you have I think sterilising it every so often is a good idea.

Reactions: Richtee180
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We had the original grey 40 litre Aquaroll but at the time of purchase the blue economy version wasn’t being marketed. If I was buying one now I would buy the blue economy version given it is made from recycled plastic for the container and tyres. Why buy something made of new virgin plastic when there’s the option to buy one from recycled materials?

Reactions: GUMPY
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I steralised our water system at the weekend. We went away for the first time in this caravan at Easter and the water smelled of plastic, never mind tasted of it! I always steralise the system once a year and always steralise the system of a new caravan but clean forgot this time. I used Puriclean and the smell (and taste) have now gone.

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
I puricleaned the system on the first day of the season.
I did the aquaroll at the same time, left it overnight and rinsed it all through 3 times.

I just wondered what people did when they buy an aquaroll from new, sterilise it or just rinse it out, as I bought a second one last week, I wasn't fancying lifting it up full to empty it on site, but it was ok.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I puricleaned the system on the first day of the season.
I did the aquaroll at the same time, left it overnight and rinsed it all through 3 times.

I just wondered what people did when they buy an aquaroll from new, sterilise it or just rinse it out, as I bought a second one last week, I wasn't fancying lifting it up full to empty it on site, but it was ok.
We would simply rinse it and use it. We used to sterilise every year, but have not bothered for the past 3 - 4 years.

Reactions: GUMPY
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We would simply rinse it and use it. We used to sterilise every year, but have not bothered for the past 3 - 4 years.
Mine get sterilise, when I do the vans water system, the Puriclean goes into one aquaroll then transferred to the second one then into the caravan, rinse is the same. Except leaving the aquaroll to air dry.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone used those filters that go inside the Aqua roll, I was put off by the price.
No, I do think that it can get a bit obsessive about water quality. We’ve used water throughout U.K. and abroad with no tummy issues. When the system is sterilised the Aquaroll contains the water so twice a year everything would get sterilised and between times before use the Aquaroll would get rinsed out.

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
I think the aquarolls would benefit from having a central column inside them so the filter pipes could be held in place, but then I guess it wouldn't work for those that choose to lay them sideways.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Milton or Puriclean before most trips. Includes flushing through all taps and pipes. At home the black algae builds up very quickly in the shower area if not cleaned weekly. I feel the interior of the aquaroll,and pipes may be be susceptible to foreign matter growth. We drink the water from the aquaroll and have survived so far😉

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
We don't drink the water from the aquaroll - just our preference. We often find the quality of water at sites we've stayed on is less than ideal in respect of taste so use bottle water for drinking.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When ever you buy new crockery or other kitchen utensils, the manufacturer invariably suggests wash or rinse the item before use. Generally that enough to remove any dust or manufacturing chemicals.

But there is nothing wrong with sterilising from new. It is advisable to sterilise if the item has not been used or its been exposed to dust etc for a period of time.

A lot of people use the aquarol type containers for all water used in the caravan, but others prefer not to possibly down to flavour or concerns for cleanliness for potable water.

Its a matter of personal choice.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What about hot drinks, do you use the aquaroll water for hot drinks.
We used our Aquaroll water for drinks hot or cold, cleaning teeth etc. Just as we do at home from the mains supply. If you have lived for periods on chlorinated distilled seawater then what comes out of the aquaroll is like Manuka honey 😂

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts