Are the Boom Years Over?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Bailey boast a output of 9000 units, Swift I believe 12,000 units. How many do Explorer and all the others turn out?

Then how many used caravans are sold per annum?

I do hope we are not squashed too hard by those incessantly boring green , hate 4x4, hate tuggers and hate caravan personnel.

I imagine the number of peopleemployed in the caravan industry , both direct and indirect must be huge.

Does anyone know where the true figures can be found?

Cheers

Alan

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I think Swift have 1/3 of the market, Bailey having 1/4, so somewhere around 35,000. The NCC probably publish more exact figures.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
i bet these green ,4x4,caravan haters go on holidays to spain,greece or the usa and they cheek to say that we caravaners blocking the roads at weekends cause more polution in traffic jams............hang a mo what does a jumbo jet flying to states put out in co2

hgv dave

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
There is a possibilty the boom years might continue,with the Euro very strong against the pound and the credit crunch people might start holidaying in the uk more and see a caravan as an investment for cheaper holidays.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Over on the Eriba forum, we've seen prices of pre-owned Eriba caravans strengthen quite significantly over the past six months - with 10 year old models selling for the same price as when they were new.

My guess to explain this is that people are looking at lighter weight caravans that are easy to tow by a family car, or that people want something stylish, or a design classic, or just different.

And that the classic car guys - most notably the VW and Mercedes enthusiasts - seem to hoover up all the early 1960 and 1970 Eriba models to complement their period cars.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS