Artificial plants

Jul 21, 2018
Visit site
Not a question about motorhomesbut about motorhoming. We gave up a lot of houseplants when we took up motorhoming due to the problem with watering and care. It's just us two at home. So, what do others do? Are artificial plants any good? Any ideas appreciated, thanks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not a question about motorhomesbut about motorhoming. We gave up a lot of houseplants when we took up motorhoming due to the problem with watering and care. It's just us two at home. So, what do others do? Are artificial plants any good? Any ideas appreciated, thanks.
There are some excellent and realistic types of artificial plant, but we wouldn’t tolerate them in the house or caravan/ motorhome. Dust collectors, no benefit to air quality, and being plastic they waste resources and their manufacture and transport create climate warming emissions , and they are difficult to recycle or go to landfill. There are better ways to clutter up the house, my wife could give advice 😂

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We don’t have any artificial plants in the caravan, but we do take a small selection of pot plants with us when away from home for any length of time. When travelling we keep them ready watered in the sink. May be an alternative for you?

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Could you not get a neighbour come in and water your plants while away? Or as we do when on long trips, take the plants round to the neighbours house.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I used to travel around France with some Oleander and Bougainvillea which lived in the awning during cooler periods and then outside when the weather warmed. And invariably during the holiday others plants would be added. I still have the descendants of a Gaura that I dug from a French roadside verge. But our indoor houseplants were placed outside during summer trips and either watered by a neighbour along with other container plants, or by the dry feed/mist spray irrigation system.

Last edited:
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our daughter and her partner check the house and water the plants and someone doing this is the best option if possible. Real plants are beneficial in many ways that imitation ones are not, so I would try to keep the real ones if possible. Most garden centers sell watering reservoirs for pot plants which might work for you.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I can understand pvsdb‘s predicament because we don’t have anyone to look after the house while we‘re away, either. The children live too far away and the neighbours are reluctant to take responsibility if anything goes wrong and plants die because they haven’t been treated right. It’s always a big headache for us when we are away for a couple of months.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts