Asda petrol

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I always use Asda pay at pump and get £1 showing on the statement but the receipt shows the correct amount. I suspect that these pumps have a separate fire wall that means they don’t communicate with your account directly. The data from them is then processed under human supervision. I think the aim is to prevent anyone hacking the pump from getting into your account.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
waffler said:
I always use Asda pay at pump and get £1 showing on the statement but the receipt shows the correct amount. I suspect that these pumps have a separate fire wall that means they don’t communicate with your account directly. The data from them is then processed under human supervision. I think the aim is to prevent anyone hacking the pump from getting into your account.

Does the £1 get taken then repaid? Or is it separated from the total amount such that £1 is taken first then the full amount less £1 is taken?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Have used Asda for last two purchases, but nothing different from anywhere else as far as I could see. It was the over 2p saving on a litre that attracted me although it is not big enough to make me go out of my way to refuel there.
I did read that they have undercut the other supermarkets to the point the others have stopped competing with them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts