audi 2.5 all road with baily lousina

Jun 1, 2007
Visit site
I have an A4 Avant 2.5 TDI Quattro which pulls a Bailey Ranger 540/6 with ease.

Great engine along with sure footed 4WD.

I'm sure the All Road would be an even better tow car.(Although I have just also bought a Range Rover !!)

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Assuming you are looking at buying the car with the 2.5 diesel engine. The engine comes(or did)with two cam belts, i remember a chap on "honest john" forum whose engine destroyed its self when the belt broke, something like

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for your comments I am a member of the caravan club and they did not recommend this car due to the noseweight how did you get on, we will only have two adults and two dogs what is mpg like etc

Thank you for your time

Adrian

Jan 30, 2006
Visit site
Hi Adrian

we got about 26 mpg towing and about 42mpg solo. we never had a problem with the nose weight at all. We only keep the gas bottles in the front locker so that is kept to a minimum.

There were 2 adults and two dogs in the car.

Regards

Brian

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Brian

Thank you for your comments most helpfull did you have manuel or auto.If anyone has any more comments please add

Thank you

Adrian
I would also be interested to hear from anyone else who tows with an Allroad as I've just bought one specifically for towing the 'van (Elddis Avante 630). I'm especially interested as to why the CC don't recommend it and what the issues are with regard to nose weight?

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would also be interested to hear from anyone else who tows with an Allroad as I've just bought one specifically for towing the 'van (Elddis Avante 630). I'm especially interested as to why the CC don't recommend it and what the issues are with regard to nose weight?

John
John

I tow with an 07 A6 Allroad 2.7TDI tip. The car is fitted with a factory fitted tow bar max nose weight is 85kgs, I have had no porblems balancing my caravan to achieve his nose weight, (single axle) indeed I am sure that most caravan manufacturers advise a max nose weight of 100kgs. We are looking to change our caravan to a twin axle with a max weight of 1840 kgs and provided that I can balance nose weight to 85kgs I do not see a problem.

The car is one of the best I have driven whether solo or pulling a caravan. Self-levelling suspension and four wheel drive ideal for towing. Added security the car is fitted with a trailer stabilisation system.

The hand book quotes a kerb weght of 1975kgs, I recently put the car onto a weigh bridge with me and a near full tank of diesel car came in at 2070kgs, so provided I do not exceed the max train weight of 4400kgs the unit will be legal.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Regards

Kevin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts