Austermann knopse (Bud)

Sep 15, 2021
Visit site
Screenshot_20210914-113008_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20210914-112959_eBay.jpg

Hi all,
My partner and I have recently purchased this classic Austermann knopse caravan and are desperately trying to find out more about it.
So far we know that there were supposedly only a thousand of these cute little pods built by Heinz Austermann between 1955 and 1965 with only a handful left in existence today (70 i believe).
We are hoping to restore 'Buddy' to his former glory and any pointers, information or advice on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Regards
GS

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum, and what smashing little caravan, quite innovative. I have never heard of or seen one before but I wish you luck in your venture. Is there a Owner Club or Facebook Group? There seems to be quite a bit of information and videos on Youtube and just a Google search by name gets a number of good hits. That may provide onward links.

Reactions: Geosoldier2647
Sep 15, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum, and what smashing little caravan, quite innovative. I have never heard of or seen one before but I wish you luck in your venture. Is there a Owner Club or Facebook Group? There seems to be quite a bit of information and videos on Youtube and just a Google search by name gets a number of good hits. That may provide onward links.
Otherclive,
Thank you, it is a little gem.
Have googled and found the various YouTube videos and stuff but I was after more technical info such as date of manufacture, build number etc.
I know there is a cult following in Germany and have obtained a number of an owner in Germany so shall drop him a line.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 2289View attachment 2290

Hi all,
My partner and I have recently purchased this classic Austermann knopse caravan and are desperately trying to find out more about it.
So far we know that there were supposedly only a thousand of these cute little pods built by Heinz Austermann between 1955 and 1965 with only a handful left in existence today (70 i believe).
We are hoping to restore 'Buddy' to his former glory and any pointers, information or advice on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Regards
GS
Nice cute pictures

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts