Autotrail shower cubicle

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
The shower walls on my 2017 Imala are now extremely floppy leading me to think they have become unbonded. They were not like this 5 months ago. My dealer tells me this is quite normal. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean, "floppy"?

If the inner skin of the walls is detaching from its base material then that is certainly not normal and in a brand new van it is very worrying.
I would get it back to the dealer and get a full investigation carried out.

Dec 5, 2017
Visit site
Sorry my description was probably a bit vague! Basically when I took delivery the shower walls felt solid & attached to the structure. 4 months later I have noticed that the shower walls are becoming distorted. It is as if the shower walls have come away from the structure. When wiping down the shower walls there can be up to half an inch flexing. Autotrail & Dealer say this is quite normal & allows for expansion & contraction. I just want to know if anyone has experienced similar problems with their Autotrails.
Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
This simply cannot be right! For the manufacturers and dealer to say this to you is, in my opinion, incorrect. Do you have a damp meter? I would find another recognised dealer to do a damp test. I do hope you are able to find the answer to this problem.

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Hi oscar10, have Autotrail told you this directly after speaking to their service dept or is this a statement relayed via the dealer?
Flexing is common and is necessary but to what degree is any layman's guess.

When we were looking to replace our PVC we found both the Imala & Tribute had very similar characteristics in terms of cubicle flexing and found that the Tracker less so, I believe this is down to both having separate bonded wall & ceiling panels allowing them to flex independently whilst Tracker, Apache & Frontier seem to have a moulded pod which moves as a whole.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts