Avondale Argente 650 - 6

Guy

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys were hoping to buy our first caravan. We've looked through a few and saw a new Avondale Argente 6 berth. We're happy with the layout. A few Q's for any experts:

Is £13900 a good price for the model?

Is avondale a quality make?

We also looked at a Bailey Senator Wyoming, seems very nice too. Is bailey a better make?

Would you recommend any continental makes?

Thanks in advance.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sean

If you are buying new , choose your dealer very carefully.

Which part of the UK do you live in?

Personally, I am prejudiced and would always go for a Bailey.

A lot of people swear by the German vans which purport to be better constructed.

I'd scan through all the posts here and elsewhere and see what others have to say about the various manufacturers.

Cheers

Alan

spj

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

be carefull with an Avondale, we had a 2004 Argente from new and got rid of it at 26 months old due to the number of defects with it that Avondale would not sort out under their 'warranty' which only covers most items for 12 months, our cushions were sagging and the tyres were cracking at 22 months old and Avondale pretty much told us to sod off. Their customer service is non existant. If it is an older Argente they are well known for front and rear panels developing stress cracks which must let moisture in, our panels were replaced in 2005 but not long after our dealer told us that Avondale now want the dealers to fill the cracks, our dealer refused to do this and soon after dropped Avondale.

We looked at the Wyoming and very nearly bought one, our dealer is selling them new at about 15k which is a bargain and I dont believe you can do any better for the price, many people on this forum have Baileys and are more than happy with them, we really liked our Avondale for the first year but after then it was all down hill, if it was my choice of the two I would definately go for the Bailey, although one of the German caravans would be my first choice if it had the right security and the layout was what we wanted.

spj.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts