AVTEX TV

Feb 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi all

Looking for a bit of info regarding the avtex 153 or the new version 163 TV DVD combos

What I would like to know is if you have 1 how do you rate the TV in picture quality and more important the viewing angle to the screen.

I have at the moment a DVD combo but the viewing angle is not to clever and we both struggle to see the screen clearly when we are lazing watching the box.

ˇ

Thanks in advance.

ˇ

CHEERS DAZKIM

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
We have just changed our cheap tv for an AVTEX mainly because the viewing angle was so poor.

The AVTEX is excellent and I don't think you will be disappointed.

It's expensive but does have many other features as well

Bill D.

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
DazKim.

Have the w153d. Purchased it last Oct and cannot fault. Colours are superb. Viewing angle v good. Tons of useful features. If I bought again though I would now go for the w163d widescreen jobbie. None of those nasty black bands top and bottom of screen with films.

Happy viewing.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
We bought a Avtex 153D last year as like you we found the veiwing angle (and also the picture in weak signal areas), poor with our standard TV DVD combo.

The 153 has a much better viewing angle and granted it was expensive, but worth it. The tuning is easy one button tuning.

We have just got a new Pegasus that comes with a free Avtex and ours came with a new 163DR. This has even better viewing angle, widescreen, HDMI inputs and the ability to record digital TV onto a memory stick so you can even use it as a PVR. The tuning is faster than the 153 as you set the country so it is not scanning the whole Euro range.

So in summary, the 153 is very good, and the 163DR is fantastic.

PS I do not work for Avtex!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We haven't got the avtex telly but got the Avtex tv ariel,

it the best one we use we brought it 2 years ago been very please with it, They sell for

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
DazKim, Same model as Zafiral I think, the latest 16" with DVD. You can also tune in your radio to receive signal so you get tv sound through radio speakers, useful if speakers are nearer to where you sit than the tv although I have found it a bit crackly.

Zafiral have you used your memory stick to record, when I tried it would not recognise it, probably something I did not do properly, hav'nt had time to get back for a play yet. (I did format it, I think)

Bill D.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We bought a Avtex 153D last year as like you we found the veiwing angle (and also the picture in weak signal areas), poor with our standard TV DVD combo.

The 153 has a much better viewing angle and granted it was expensive, but worth it. The tuning is easy one button tuning.

We have just got a new Pegasus that comes with a free Avtex and ours came with a new 163DR. This has even better viewing angle, widescreen, HDMI inputs and the ability to record digital TV onto a memory stick so you can even use it as a PVR. The tuning is faster than the 153 as you set the country so it is not scanning the whole Euro range.

So in summary, the 153 is very good, and the 163DR is fantastic.

PS I do not work for Avtex!!
How does the Freeview work? We have a separate box, but often find that we can not tune it in. We have been thinking about changing to the Avtex for this reason.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts