awning advice

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
just looking at awnings on ebay and found a Bradcot active awning which looks ok but it says the following in the advert

There is only 2 minor faults with this awning:-

The awning cord on either end of the skirt has been cut off for an easier fit on the previous owners van.

(THIS DOES NOT AFFECT THE AWNING IN ANY WAY!)

One of the pole bayonets is loose and the pole dislodges if when awning is not erected.

(THIS DOES NOT AFFECT THE AWNING IN ANY WAY!)

is it worth looking at or not ??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The awning skirt isn't really part of the awning - in the strictest sense. It's the length of material about 30" wide and the length of the van that covers the gap between the bottom edge of the caravan and the ground. Without it you would sit in the caravan and have a view into and a draught out from, the underside of the van.

To fit onto the van the skirt has a corded strip all along the top edge that fits into the equivalent of an awning rail that runs along the bottom edge of the caravan. Just like the awning attaches itself to the side of the van, the skirt attaches itself to the underside.

Sometimes the corded edge may be longer than the actual skirt and it seems as if the previous owners have cut off the excess in order to make fitting easier. My own corded edge is longer than my skirt but I haven't cut anything off because fitting it is not difficult.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
If ne essary, unbranded general purpose awning skirt can be bought from any decent caravan accessory outlet, "off the roll".

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts