Awning lights ?

Mar 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, we're planning on using the awning much more on our future breaks, and were wondering if anyone could recommend some lights, mains powered led's or ordinary light bulb with shade,etc,what do you think? Cheers,stuart1

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

We have a 3ft Flourescent Light wired to a plug with an inline switch. We plug-in to our external plug socket in the external locker. I secure it to the top awning pole with removable cable ties, works a treat.

James

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
It depends on how much light you want but a 48 LED worklight which can be run/charged off of mains and 12v is adequate for most awnings and can be used as a light in the car etc.

They come equipped with hooks which will hang on awning poles.

They use appx 1/20th of the power of the standard awning light and we use them on non EHU all of the time.

They can be picked up from builders merchants/Lidl/Aldi/Maplins etc for somewhere around

Mar 3, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Jeremy and James,I must admit I had'nt thought about a flourescent light,you've given me food for thought.Thanks again,stuart1.

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
We carry a car inspection lamp (mains) which can be clipped virtually anywhere: back of a chair, ridge pole, under sunshade, etc. Works a treat and you can get them for next to nothing.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've made up a mains light, a four or five metre correct size flex, with a three pin plug on one end, switched bulb-holder on the other, and a normal domestic lampshade. We hook the wire over the awning pole, slip the lampshade end through the loop (which holds it in place) thread the wire around the awning pole a couple of times, and then drop the end down and plug in to our external socket. During the day we unplug the plug from the socket. It cost nothing as we had the wire, the three pin plug, the switched lamp bulbholder and the shade, and it works perfectly. On really dry days in France we've also been known to hook it over a tree branch if we don't have the awning up - removing it when we go to bed, obviously.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts