Awning rail trim .

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi all , can anybody tell me where I can purchase the plastic/rubber insert trim that fits into my awning rail and side caravan trim . Its purple in colour with the old material looking past its best . Is there any particular technique for fitting and removal that may help , any advice welcome , thanks in anticipation . The van is ABI from the nineties and I have never noticed any in local caravan stores , I will need approx 40 metres in total so naturally cheaper the better if its of good quality . Regards ---- STEVE .

Dec 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi Rosies.

Just been scanning through eBay in an idle moment and came across what I believe you're after.

It's item number 120260281848 and is sold by the metre.

Dave

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Rosies.

Just been scanning through eBay in an idle moment and came across what I believe you're after.

It's item number 120260281848 and is sold by the metre.

Dave

Thanks Dave&Dee , seems like the right trim , will phone tomorrow and find out . cheers -- Steve .

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
A tip for fitting,once you have removed old trim throughly clean rail and lubricate with spray furniture polish prior to refit. Soak the new trim in hot water to soften it before fitting.A tool made from wood/plastic shaped like a lolly stick makes the job easier.47 metres of trim fitted in about 4 hours including many tea breaks!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We bought some of this from Jacksons of old Arley for 40p per metre on Friday, think they only do it in white or off white, and they do mail order but I do not know what the delivery charges are.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Make sure you don't stretch it when installing. Otherwise it will recover leaving a gap; I found out the hard way!

Best first when its relaxed to cut it to the right length; work all that in, then you know its not stretched.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts