Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
Want to buy first awning for our wee fleetwood colchester. Confused.....we tour so what's best Polyester or Acrylic, we have so far been led to believe polyester. Also size of awning, we have measured as indicated in all instructions and come up with 800cm but some companies have sizes which split at 800 ie. size goes up to an 800 and next size starts at 800 what one should we go for. Hope you can clear our minds.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Currieglen
It was some years back when I faced the same problem I was a new to this game and asked a friend and it was suggested I went for the size up to ,in your case up to 800 theoretically you should have a nice tight peg out. Maybe things have changed since then so see what other views you get

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
SirRogerFartingtonFortesqueSmyth said:
Hi Currieglen
It was some years back when I faced the same problem I was a new to this game and asked a friend and it was suggested I went for the size up to ,in your case up to 800 theoretically you should have a nice tight peg out. Maybe things have changed since then so see what other views you get
I dont use an awning, but I have seen awnings that fit on the level but when on a sloping pitch are touching the ground at one end & short at the other

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
When you have decided on which awning you would like contact the manufacturer who will probably be able to advise you as to the best size for your van. Polyester will be lighter and dry more easily but the acrylic will be harder wearing and hold its colour better

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts