B+E automatic?

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Relax. They haven’t sent me any emails👏👏👏
Apparently a large number of people have invested in caravans and Motorhomes in the expectation the new Law would come into force on the 15 .11.21. My son is one of them, all tow barred and no where to go😥.
I wonder why the DVLA are dithering? No indication that tests will be reinstated.
THe question should be, Why did the DVLA advise that changes would be made on the 15th November when it had not been agreed in parliament , aka circus

Jun 29, 2021
Visit site
We are currently in exactly the same predicament. We have a caravan parked on the drive that we are unable to use. We were more than happy to take the test but held off until we found a suitable caravan and with no test and no rule change we are now having to just wait it out. Extremely frustrating times!!

• Angry
Reactions: Hutch and Bluetonic
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
We are currently in exactly the same predicament. We have a caravan parked on the drive that we are unable to use. We were more than happy to take the test but held off until we found a suitable caravan and with no test and no rule change we are now having to just wait it out. Extremely frustrating times!!
I really feel for you, hope the clowns at Westminster sort it out soon, but probably 4 or 5 more U-turns before that

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
I just read on another forum that the new legislation came into force today so anyone who passed their driving test after 31/12/1996 will automatically get the B+E on their driving licence.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
At last !!
Issued by DVLA yesterday

What changed on 16 December 2021
If you passed your car driving test from 1 January 1997, you’re now allowed to tow trailers up to 3,500kg MAM.
DVLA will update your driving licence record to show that you’re allowed to tow trailers. You’ll get category BE added to your driving licence when you get a new photocard driving licence.
Do not need to contact DVLA for this to happen. It will be done automatically.
If you passed your car driving test before 1 January 1997, you are not affected by the change.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
At last !!
Issued by DVLA yesterday

What changed on 16 December 2021
If you passed your car driving test from 1 January 1997, you’re now allowed to tow trailers up to 3,500kg MAM.
DVLA will update your driving licence record to show that you’re allowed to tow trailers. You’ll get category BE added to your driving licence when you get a new photocard driving licence.
Do not need to contact DVLA for this to happen. It will be done automatically.
If you passed your car driving test before 1 January 1997, you are not affected by the change.
However if travelling to the continent towing a large caravan and combination exceeds 3500kg you will need to get the current licence updated toi reflect the change.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The position was to go back before Parliament before Christmas and presumably they have ow approved it, but I have not seen anything else to confirm that. The DVLA have been wrong before, but hopefully this is not a repeat.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The position was to go back before Parliament before Christmas and presumably they have ow approved it, but I have not seen anything else to confirm that. The DVLA have been wrong before, but hopefully this is not a repeat.
In the other thread that you just commented upon I showed the HMG link dated yesterday.. You have to take somethings in good faith.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I started the licence issues on this thread back in July. All signed off by Grant Shaps Dept of Transport. I believe the info released by DVLA is correct,.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I started the licence issues on this thread back in July. All signed off by Grant Shaps Dept of Transport. I believe the info released by DVLA is correct,.
Hope it is as it featured on HMG website before GS and DVLA made their announcement, but GS was possibly delayed a bit by having to do media interviews, but not ones related to his primary objectives.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts