Bacton in Norfolk

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
Just booked this summers main holiday at Bacton (near Mundesley)in Norfolk. As we've never been to that area before can anyone tell us whats its like and what to see and do up there? Also do you know if the beach there is nice and also dog friendly?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry but this must be the worst place on earth for a holiday.I worked there some years ago for many months on a British gas site,also there are oil sites etc with many Helicopters flying out to the rigs. It is an industrial area,Please don`t go there it is Horrible Glenn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i know they say each to his own but i also cant stick bacton mainly because of having to drive through the gas terminal there its alot better at mundesley and trimingham and any other resort towards cromer and sheringham to be honest

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Julie, I would definately cancel - it would be the last place I would want to spend a holiday! There are lots of much nicer seaside resorts along the Norfolk coast. Bacton, Walcot Mundesley and all along that coast line are very tired and run down, with of course the gas terminal which is an eye sore in itself.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Julie, it is not just me then who hates Bacton.Why not try up the coast at Wells next the sea, good beach and a nice little village, camp site is called Pinewoods, I think but there are CL,s in the Area,if you do go near Bacton it is worth a drive through just to see what we mean Glenn.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts