Bailey Pageant Burgundy

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have used our Burgundy for 1 weekend and plan to go on another rally this weekend. A couple of niggles though. The toilet door hits the sink as it opens and the lighting is poor. You cannot see in the floor cupboard below the wardrobe as there is no light in the area and there is no light in the bedroom to see in cupboards when opened as the light is below the cupboard.The bed is very comfortable and shelves above are very useful. We did get some condensation and with no back boards the bed and bedding did get damp. Have spoken to Baileys about this.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
David, just leave some ventilation with either the bedroom window or the mini heki above the bed on nightlock. We do this with our Oklahoma and never have any problems with condensation.

Richard S

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi folks, spoke to one of the local bailey dealers today about the burgundy , he said that the burgundy was so good the he has ordered one & thier workshop manager has ordered one , i bet they got a better deal than me........pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Maureen

have you been away yet? If so, how have you got on with yoru Burgundy?

So far so good with ours. Our soap dish in the shower broke, but replacement on order from delaers.

Regards

ken

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ken,

Family illness etc has delayed our getaway......but this morning I booked North Wales and we are leaving on Friday....really looking forward to it.Our son has a seasonal pitch at Abersoch,and we have been told it is a wonderful area.Will let you know how we get on.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just spotted all you other Burgundy owners out there. We ordered ours at the NEC this year & then picked it up at end of May. Dealer was really good as we had to delay collection due to family illness. We've been away 3 weeks ago & now due to go back to Scotland in early July.

Like all of you, we were really impressed with the Indiana, and a friend bought this last year and I was green with envy!

Now the tables have turned as we've got virtually the same van but at a cheaper price. I certainly think Bailey's have hit a winner with this model. We are likely to be living in it for a while later in the year if we can ever get our house sold and feel that our new van will give us all the comforts of home while we search for another residence!

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi David

We are very interested in the Burgundy, what do you mean there are no back boards and your bedding got damp? On the brochure photo it shows a picture of a head board fitted, is this not on your van? We also picked up the bathroom door touches the sink, and does any body have a Burgundy made in June which does not have the electric cable socket under the sink? Have Baileys corrrect this yet? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Regards

Allyson

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is a headboard on our Burgundy, but not sure about the electric cable. Hadn't notice this so will check next time we go to pick up the van. We only been in the van for a week so haven't really had time to check it out thoroughly, but during that week, didn't notice any problem with the bedding getting damp. The shower door could bang on the sink if you're not careful or if you don't level the van properly, but I just left a flannel over the edge of the sink & this sorted it.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ken,We are also interested in the Pageant Burgundy but aren't brave enough to order without seeing.Spoke to the dealer 3 weeks ago who said that they had no information either !!

We find it rather irritating that new models are always launched in London ( living in Scotland )Bailey are not even exhibiting at the Caravan Show in Glasgow.At present there is no detail on their web-site either.....a strange way to do business.

We shall just have to wait a bit longer until the dealer hopefully gets a demo model.Meantime we have a Loire which we have been very happy with.
if you go onto www.caravanfinder.co.uk you just might be able to find one on there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To stop the toilet door hitting the wash unit, we stuck a couple of the felt pads on the door that you stick on the bottoms of chairs on wooden floors - works a treat!

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
We are likely to buy a Burgundy very soon. I was curious to know what the mini-heki is and why you decided to add one. Is it a problem with light ? Was it expensive as an extra ?

BG

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
We have had our Burgundy for three weeks and we love it. The socket has been moved there are bed vent boards so it looks as though Bailey have rectified all the little niggles. Our toilet door does catch the sink though not a problem as such. We have two children who sleep in the lounge so hooray no more making two lots of beds up.The children are old enough to stay up until we go to bed so this layout works well for us.

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Gill

Thanks for clarifying all those little points,we are still interested in purchasing one but are thinking of leaving it now until the 2007 model is available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts