Bailey Ranger 2006 470/4

PR

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

New to caravans, but have camped for 50 years. Thinking of buying a Bailey Ranger 2006 470/4 (4 berth) as our first van. Mostly for me and Lizzie. Occasioanl use of the bunks. Any comments most welcome.

Many Thanks

Paul

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Do it Paul, you will not regret it, we had a caravan, in a moment of stupidity sold it and bought a tent and ALL the gear, used it for 1 Holiday, hated it sold the lot and got another caravan!! We love it, much more comfortable, warmer and drier, the Ranger is a nice van, it'll feeel like a hotel in comparrison

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
I have camped ,t/tented,caravan'd all my life we bought a small 2 berth 6yr ago & got bitten by the bigger is better bug & bought a newer bailey Champaign 4 berth for the 2 of us,Its nice,But at 23ft I find it a pain when towing,particulary abroad,you cant just meander & stop when ever you see something interesting ,which to me loses some of the pleasure of touring I would like to go back to a smaller van or if the other half would let me back to a good TT or FC.not trying to put you off at all but just something to consider
TD

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
that was our first van and we love it a 2004 (it goes to trade in today) just check the back panel hasn't got stress cracks ours did and we had damp, would cost a grand to get fixed but the van itself was immaculate and with an awning was great, really going to miss it but after two years we wanted bigger lol so for us it was a perfect first van and it got me hooked on this caravan thing

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
opps pressed save before i finished, a big plus we found and liked so much it will always be a winner for us is the end bathroom means you can get changed and dressesd without closeing all the blinds for some privacy, we had a few weekends with mother and father in law and wife in the van and me in the awning and it was still comfy, if i ever go back to a smaller van i would def look at another one

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts