Bailey Ranger 460/4 overhead light bulb replacement

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi there, I wonder if any of you guys out there can help me with a problem with my 2007 Bailey ranger 460/4.

Around the large middle skylight there are four flush mounting lights. One of these has stopped working, obviously I suspect the bulb has gone, problem is how to get it out!. There doesnt seem to be any obvious way to get it apart, anyone out there know how to get it aart or do I have to replace the whole light?

Peter

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The light fitting should ease out as it s a push fit in the frame, the bulb will be accessable then, probably a capless halogen bulb 5w

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
ive changed mine on ranger 2008 and you have to unscrew the silver tin round cover just a little , but if like all mine they are stuck had to replace whole lamp common fault

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
Apologies for reviving this thread!
Have just bought a 2007 Bailey Ranger 460/4 which uses several of these small round halogen downlights around the Heki as well as in the bedroom area.
The metal surround on all of them looks scorched and warped. I'm a bit picky so would like to replace them all with led versions in new light fittings, to spruce up their appearance as well as benefiting from the power consumption of leds. Have found them from a variety of suppliers including the Bailey website. All the new replacements appear to have cables about 6" long, ending in spade connectors.
My question is, once I extract the ones currently fitted, how accessible will I find the connectors and will they be the right sort?
I'm asking as the new caravan isn't going to be delivered for three weeks as the dealer is doing some work on it for us.
Thanks in advance for any replies!

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi Claggy001,

There's no guarantee that the connectors on the replacements lights will engage with the wiring on your new van without any work at all being needed ( they might just fit but they might not!

It depends very much on who fitted the existing lamps..... (they may not be the originals.... a lot can happen in 7 or 8 years)

Even at the factory it's not unknown for the assembly staff/fitters to use whatever connectors are available in their stores/parts dept at the time.

It's usually a simple job for a competent person familiar with caravan electrics to sort out, however if you are in any doubt it would be wise to get a caravan technician to do the work for you or you could ask your dealer to fit them whilst they are doing the other work for you.

Enjoy your new van and
Happy Caravanning
Regards
paws

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts