Bailey Tracker Tilt Movement Alarm

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Help?
I refitted the leisure battery last Monday. Been trickle charged in garage for last four months. On reconnection Alarm bleeped twice and is now dead. Does not respond to either fob ,both have new batteries. Fuse is ok.All ideas welcome please.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
IIRC the Tracker unit has volatile memory which is supported by a coin-size Li-ion battery. If that goes flat you loose the settings.
Suggest you contact Tracker tech support who are very good. Try 01895 455698 or 811989 (CS)

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Following Woodentop’s advice I have just spoken to a very clever chap at Tracker. We went through a load of diagnostic tests. Would you believe it ? The 5amp fuse was not working. What a fool! I only checked the fuse visually prior to my surgery. Should have used the multimeter. Lesson, don’t assume a fuse looking intact hasn’t failed. Here’s the little devil😜

Attachments

• CCB2B373-0325-4330-87AB-D1A11FB0A0F7.jpeg
    CCB2B373-0325-4330-87AB-D1A11FB0A0F7.jpeg
    989 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Following Woodentop’s advice I have just spoken to a very clever chap at Tracker. We went through a load of diagnostic tests. Would you believe it ? The 5amp fuse was not working. What a fool! I only checked the fuse visually prior to my surgery. Should have used the multimeter. Lesson, don’t assume a fuse looking intact hasn’t failed. Here’s the little devil😜
Interesting diagnosis with a good outcome. But should we all carry two multimeters. One for caravan and another one forthe car. Life never fails to spring a surprise. 🤣

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Great outcome easily fixable

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Interesting diagnosis with a good outcome. But should we all carry two multimeters. One for caravan and another one forthe car. Life never fails to spring a surprise. 🤣
I always carry one in the car, however I think I also need to get one for the home.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It failed again but on testing the fuse was perfect. The fault lies within the main fuse box whereby the 5 amp blade fuse isn’t making a good contact in the housing. Liberal use of electrical contact spray has helped . However whilst it is now operational it is critical exactly how how far the fuse is placed in the housing.
Probably needs packing out. Any suggestions for making the fit tighter?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It failed again but on testing the fuse was perfect. The fault lies within the main fuse box whereby the 5 amp blade fuse isn’t making a good contact in the housing. Liberal use of electrical contact spray has helped . However whilst it is now operational it is critical exactly how how far the fuse is placed in the housing.
Probably needs packing out. Any suggestions for making the fit tighter?
Try bending fuse legs slightly outwards but in opposite directions to each other. Gently does it though.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Clive, good shout. Do you think the fuse spades would take a thin layer of solder, or how about a few layers of aluminium foil?
I did think about solder but wondered if it could “ invisibly” affect the fuses performance. But if you have spares it’s worth a try and foil is also a common approach. The other thing is that the thickness of the fuse blades do vary slightly between suppliers so trying another fuse from a different supply source could be an option.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I hadn't read this thread. wish I had. Fuse looks perfick, even gave the beep when checked with the meter, must have been deformed when I pushed it into the fuse holder.

BEWARE THE 5AMP FUSE!

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I hadn't read this thread. wish I had. Fuse looks perfick, even gave the beep when checked with the meter, must have been deformed when I pushed it into the fuse holder.

BEWARE THE 5AMP FUSE!
It’s still working ok this am. If it fails whilst away I’ll do some of the quick fixes discussed above. In the long term I may have to try Woodentop ‘s solution. I have a friend who is good at the hi tech solders. Or at worst a new fuse box😥😥. Also I’ll ask Apuljack if they can help.

Reactions: DaveA1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts