Bailey Unicorn

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
One thing i noticed on the pictures on the Barclelona is no mirror above the rear end washroom sink,mirror to the left meaning to have a shave/wash clean your teeth you have move away from the sink over the toilet to see what you are doing.

Why dont they think of these things when designing a caravan ,minor detail but a silly avoidable niggle,why should i have to take a shaving mirror when all the vans i have had before have a mirror above the sink to see what you are doing

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Michael E

If you look at the top right picture on page 41 to the right of the window there is a round shaving mirror on a pull out arm.

Mike

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone explain what the benefits of a heavy duty chassis compared to standard are please.

Does it increase stability when towing? reduce caravan movement when pitched?

Thanks

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
No I don't work for Bailey. I guess.your right in some respects but I just think that not everything in a caravan is going to be where you want it due to the limited size of the van, regardless of cost. I guess you pay your money and take your choice.

Mike

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
At the risk of me getting boring by repeating previous posts I'll lay good money that the designers haven't spent any time actually living in a prototype van. Until you do things like take a shower it is difficult to know the where the best position for soap dishes and towel hooks are. Likewise have they tried cooking a meal in the van? If so I hope it is now possible to open the oven when the grill is in use but I'm not holding my breath. I know they are only little niggles but they could so easily be designed out.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Have you noticed how the built in microwave, isn't built in?
Different handles on the chest drawers, to the wall units?
How the plastic drainer lives over the sink, now how does that give you more work space?
The front locker looks too small to take my spare wheel, i refuse to put up with that useless alko carrier.
But it does look a lot better than the peg and oly.
All comments made to the two berth model.

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well lets hope that these hooks are better than the crap fitted to the Olympus - They will not hold a towel - it just slides straight off!!!!

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I hope the towel hooks are better than those in the Olympus - they are the Antler type and totally useless.If the towel does not have a loop it will fall straight off. Put an elastic band around each hook to create friction and they will work.Don't these very clever designers ever try things before green lighting them for production?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts