Bailey water problems

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Rob

you are absolutely correct. After taking our van into the dealer, all they had done was flush it through with Milton and not even tasted the water, so I referred then to this website/forum. The foreman had not even been given my letter outlining the complaint, and had not received any info from Bailey (but had had "something" from Swift Group). So I called Bailey direct - nice guy called Alan confirmed all that Rob said : depending on part of country you are in, the chlorine in the water can react with the Polyurethane (PU)pipes, giving the TCP taste. We have had problems in Somerset, Cornwall, Hampshire, Gloucestershire.

Bailey are apparently awaiting delivery of the correct size/guage pipe in Polyethylene (PE) - although Danny has had his pipes replaced already ! So, rang our dealer, told them what Bailey had said, and suggested that they might like to talk to the manufacturer (and get the matter sorted pdq !).

Hope this helps others get the same problem resolved.

Ann

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
Ann,

Mendip Caravans at Weston Super Mare fitted new pipes in our van and as I said all is well at the moment. At first they were a bit vague about the problem but when I told them I had spoken to Bailey they then listened and they spoke to Bailey themselves. As I said Bailey are well aware of the problem, I have inside information ( a chap at work knows a fitter there ), and they instruct the dealers to fit new pipes. As for it being a region water problem I'm not so sure, we live in Bristol and our water at home is fine with no smell or taste. We have toured many sites in our region and in Devon and Cornwall and the water from the tap is fine, it was only when it went through the van did it taste and smell.

Going on a technical point I have dip slide tested water at various places and found no increase in chlorine or any thing else, only the more south you go the softer the water is.

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Danny

we know Mendip well - we used to live in Nailsea and now live near Chester. Water on sites in SW (inc Baltic Wharf, CL in Bath, and ex-CL near WSM) is fine from the site tap but tastes awful through the van system. Interestingly, we just tried water at home and there was NO difference between home tap and van tap water quality, from both cold & hot systems ! Perhaps I should ask my dealer to contact Mendip for a supply of new piping ! Off to Lake District soon, so another region to report on ! Thanks for your feedback - much appreciated.

Ann

Mar 21, 2006
Visit site
Hi have not a solution to your problem but as for using bottled water why not buy a three litre of water and then refill from fresh water on site we do this all the time for tea and drinks keepoing a smaller bottle in fridge as we dont drink water from caravan system ay all

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a 2007 Senator Arizona with the aforesaid tainted water. At first nether the supplying dealer or Bailey would admit to there being a problem, that is until I involved Trading standards. They are now doing a pretty good job of jumping through hoops with my van going back to the Bailey factory on Monday, and being returned a few days latter after a total refit of the complete water system, both the dealers and Bailey are fully aware of the problem, demand that they rectify the fault within a reasonable amount of time (not weeks or months) as per the sale of goods act 1979, and don't let them try and fob you off. The problem exists, they know about it demand they sort it.

Allan & Gill.

Apr 1, 2007
Visit site
Hi All

Just got back from 2 weeks hols after having had cold water pipes replaced. Definitely better than before but not perfect. We may get the pipes replaced again at our next service next year once we are sure Baileys new piping is OK but may just continue as we are. Our dealer will replace again under warranty as we have already notified him of the problem.

Good luck to anyone else who has the piping replaced - based on our experience, if your water tastes / smells really gross get the work done now - it should make some improvement. Otherwise wait and see and meanwhile use water straight fronm the tap for drinking, which is what we all should do anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts