Bailey Water pump

Mar 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi All

Could anyone suggest a way to dampen down the noise from the onboard water pump fitted to my Series 6 Pageant. It sounds like a diesel engin when running, and if parked close to another van (which hasn't happend yet)I'me sure it would be heard by the other occupants.

I wondered if wrapping some sort of foam around the pump would be acceptable?

Jeff

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That sounds a lot louder than the pump in our Senator

I have removed the screws that hold the pump down and previously when using a Shurflow pump for many years (that was louder) I had it resting on a car wash sponge.

Feb 4, 2007
Visit site
If the suction hose from the aquroll is not pushed firmly enough into the socket on the outside of the caravan the pump draws air and is much noisier. Also it is much quieter when listened to outside.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That's interesting and something I have not been aware of as we always draw water from the onboard tank.

In fact we were only remarking on how quiet the pump was last tome out.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jeff,

We to have a Pageant S6 and the pump is driving us nuts, sounds like a Briggs and Stratton at full pelt. It has now got to the stage where its going back to a dealer to sort out.

Rob

Have checked system and no leaks, Inlet correctly fitted and system bled till the taps were fed up of water being drawn through.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts