Bath Chew Valley Caravan Park

Oct 13, 2006
Visit site
Hello

We have booked a weekend away at Bath Chew Valley NE Somerset, has anyone been there? I would be grateful of your comments.

Thanking you in advance.

Kay

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Kay

beautiful park its like sitting in a garden spent 2 weeks there a few years ago handy for Bath or Bristol piped music in the toilet block absoloutely spotless owners are quite strict with their rules but very freindly cars must be parked in the car park the owners tend to the garden themselves even forking over the grass when a caravan has left

Enjoy

Will (scotland)

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Will - Can you explain why cars have to be left in the car park at this site? We tend to leave our dog in her cage in the rear of the Volvo estate so she can relax and feel content and happy to snooze in safety. Wouldn't like to think I would have to sit in a car park for a day.

Also we store equipment from the 'van in the vehicle which we need to access on a regular basis.

Ann

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Will - Can you explain why cars have to be left in the car park at this site? We tend to leave our dog in her cage in the rear of the Volvo estate so she can relax and feel content and happy to snooze in safety. Wouldn't like to think I would have to sit in a car park for a day.

Also we store equipment from the 'van in the vehicle which we need to access on a regular basis.

Ann
Ann

As I said this site is like a large garden and the cars are left in the car park to protect the grass you are allowed to take your car in to load and unload but when we were there cars had to be parked in the car park (secure)

For us this was not a problem but I can see it may be for you

Will

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Ann
We stayed there a couple of years ago and loved it. Not being able to have the car close-by was a big problem for me with my mobility problem so it will preclude us from staying there again.

It was something we couldn't understand - can't remember seeing anything in the literature about this either. Could be wrong on this point though.

Vic

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
have stayed 3 times excellent.dont worry about car park it is litteraly 15mtrs from nearest van totally secure. i saw others with dogs and no problems even a dog walk provided.narrow access down one way road i have a sterling trecker twin axle no probs.

bring your trout fishing kit or binoculars for birds on both local reservoirs.

fully serviced pitches well worth extra.

good luck might see you there.

H.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed there for 2weeks last September and had no problems.

My wife is disabled, which we told the owners about when we were booking and were allocated the pitch nearest to the car park.

As far as I am concerned the owners could not be more helpful, even offering to help put up our awning if required.

I would have no problem recommending this site to anyone.

TRENDING THREADS