Battery chargers

Jun 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi there. I seem to be having trouble with my caravan battery in that it doesn't last very long---It's a 110ah in good condition. I have been told that caravan chargers are not very good so i would like to use an optimiser charger and do away with the caravan charger. If I connect a charger to the caravan battery and do not disconnect the caravan charger will it do any damage? The only way I can disconnect the caravan charger is by tripping the mains fuse to it. If I do that will my 12v system still work?All my lights etc are 12v. My Caravan is a 2008 Compas Corona 524. Any advise would be appreciated. Nigel

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When you say it does not last very long, what situation are you using it in to determine that statement?

On a 2008 van the charger should incorporate a Power Supply unit in addition to battery charger to keep the battery in good condition.
When people say on board chargers are not very good, the fact is they charge to 13.5v whereas a good multi stage charger will take the battery up to 14.8v which removes any sulphation on the plates.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What about aerial booster? blown air heating fan? plus the 12v the fridge uses, toilet flush? also the type of lights, LED or Halogen?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts