Battery Choice.

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I was thinking of ordering from AlphaBatteries. They provide a 3 year warranty, but if ordered via Ebay it's 4 years. My previous Battery was a Platinum Leisure Plus Battery S6110L, the dimensions are Length: 328mm x Width: 171mm x Height: 237mm . we have a Bailey Unicorn Barcelona II (2013/14). Bailey say the battery dimensions are 354 x 175 x 190, which means that the previous battery should not fit, I doubt if I'd fitted quick release it would fit. I was thinking of going with the 12v Banner 135 AH Energy Bull Leisure battery (95901) Length: 328mm x Width: 171mm x Height: 237mm, I was thinking the extra power, might work better on the twin axle motormover, over the 12v Banner 110 AH Energy Bull Leisure Battery (95751), which has different dimensions again H: 190mm x W: 175mm x L: 354mm.

Choosing the right battery, is almost as difficult as choosing and understanding energy suppliers and their Tariffs. ....

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
I`ll be following your post with interest - I will be replacing our ageing battery soon, and will undoubtedly have similar questions to yourself.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:
You only posted 8 Hours ago. Give folk a chance to pitch up and get back from the pub. :p
Oh Hutch you been in the pub for 8 hours AGAIN.....Tut Tut :evil: :kiss:

SORRY Duplicated post..............and no I haven't been to the pub!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:
You only posted 8 Hours ago. Give folk a chance to pitch up and get back from the pub. :p
Oh Hutch you been in the pub for 8 hours AGAIN.....Tut Tut :evil: :kiss:

SORRY Duplicated post..............and no I haven't been to the pub!!

No , Fat club until 11AM Won the Raffle of super food , weeded the garden then took the dogs out from, 5:30 . . But every day blends into the other as I no longer have to go to "Work" :lol:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Alphabets, do you really need a 135ah battery, my battery is only an 85ah and does drive the motor mover on a 1700kg van with no probs, but saying that I do site the van most times by reversing with the truck.
Also be wary on buying from net as I have heard that in the case of returns alot of courier companies wont collect from Joe Public as the battery has been opened and will not be packaged as they would require it.
But again I did buy from the net my last one 8 years ago !! and still going....hope I havent tempted fate!!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Alphabets, do you really need a 135ah battery, my battery is only an 85ah and does drive the motor mover on a 1700kg van with no probs, but saying that I do site the van most times by reversing with the truck.
Also be wary on buying from net as I have heard that in the case of returns alot of courier companies wont collect from Joe Public as the battery has been opened and will not be packaged as they would require it.
But again I did buy from the net my last one 8 years ago !! and still going....hope I havent tempted fate!!!

Yes I was the one who bought on the net and there were significant problems returning it as carriers class it as hazardous waste and need a special licence to carry it. But those licenses tend only to be held by recycling carriers who take the used batteries to a recycling centre. They don’t need it packaged as it goes into a sealed container. If you can find a carrier to return it then yes it will have to be resealed and protected just like the original packaging. It’s fine if the battery gives no problems as is the case with the majority. But I’ve decided to buy batteries locally and actually the prices are quite competitive and the benefit of easy return if there’s a problem. The online company I used is a major player but the customer service was very poor.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Ha ! Hutch - pub for 8 hours !! :p his spelling would be all over the place on here !!
Anyway , I've gotta 13o ah Banner in ours . It's a case of once on site un hook and mover on !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts