BBQ food.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
How do I start, gas BBQ or realWood /charchol,
I LIKE both. My old Cadac is needing welding . Ok
no problem.
But for a FEB .breakfast we dont need much, but for an evening. Its the Sweetcorn then the main stuff.
Gas is getti g expensive.

Whats your thoughts. ?l

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
For a FEB I’d prefer to use the CADAC but evening if it’s warm and you’re not in a rush then I’d prefer a charcoal BBQ. Cannot really see that the price of gas is a show stopper. My Cadac is connected to a Camping gaz cylinder which is more expensive than a Calor or Flogas butane but it’s convenient and weighs less. But I tend to cook on the CADAC with its control set at minimum and it still attains 150 deg C + with the lid on. Should say the FEB is done in paella pan without lid. Barbecuing meat or veg on griddle plate then lid is on.

Last edited:

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
For a leisurely BBQ you can't beat a charcoal BBQ. We haven't had one for donkey’s. We usually use a Cadac Safari Chef when out with the caravan and a bigger Cadac at home. It's nice to put some aromatic herbs on the BBQ to start things off and get the smell going. Perhaps a bit of Bruschetta flavoured with Garlic and good Pepper whilst getting things ready. This does nicely on the Cadac. At this point my concern about gas consumption is completely abandoned, and some stuffed mushrooms followed by a bit of Belly Pork will take a while but will be ready when time I am. A glass of Red and some nice Veggies for the Pork. Yum!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have only recently bought a gas BBQ and we are impressed, but it still does not give steak, chicken etc the same flavour as a charcoal BBQ.
When in the caravan we BBQ using the charcoal Weber most evenings. Not much point in doing either a gas or charcoal BBQ for FEB as only cooking sausage and bacon. The rest needs to be b done on the hob in the caravan.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have only recently bought a gas BBQ and we are impressed, but it still does not give steak, chicken etc the same flavour as a charcoal BBQ.
When in the caravan we BBQ using the charcoal Weber most evenings. Not much point in doing either a gas or charcoal BBQ for FEB as only cooking sausage and bacon. The rest needs to be b done on the hob in the caravan.
In the Cadac Paella pan I do everything except the baked beans which are cooked on the gas hob if we have them. But being calorie rich they area treat.!!! Below are the Lite version without beans, and the full monty with beans!!!

Mind you I have had years of experience as when I left the sixth form after a couple of weeks I had mobile burger trolley in Leicester before moving on to. a stand at Mallory park.

IMG_1018.jpegIMG_1025.jpeg

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In the Cadac Paella pan I do everything except the baked beans which are cooked on the gas hob if we have them. But being calorie rich they area treat.!!! Below are the Lite version without beans, and the full monty with beans!!!

Mind you I have had years of experience as when I left the sixth form after a couple of weeks I had mobile burger trolley in Leicester before moving on to. a stand at Mallory park.

View attachment 2256View attachment 2255
What is that black stuff on the plate? I normally have poached or scrambled eggs. Love my mushrooms, Branston baked beans and Danish unsmoked bacon. Every now and then I have smoked salmon, mushrooms and scrambled egg for breakfast as a treat.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

looks yummy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
What is that black stuff on the plate? I normally have poached or scrambled eggs. Love my mushrooms, Branston baked beans and Danish unsmoked bacon. Every now and then I have smoked salmon, mushrooms and scrambled egg for breakfast as a treat.
Black pudding

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site

Your dog looks disgusted. "Are they really going to eat all that? Greedy Pigs"

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
At next years Woosiefest I will bring a selection of Black puddings for a tasting session. Best to rinse out your mouth with a🍺between tastes🤪🤬🤪

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts