being brought home by breakdown truck

May 21, 2004
Visit site
hats off to the AA my car broke down on our way home from southampton car could not be fixed my wife who is dissabled could not climb the ladders in to the cab so the AA put us in a taxi and brought us home to widnes in cheshire how good was that and the car got home before us happy traveler.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
When we used to be in the AA (corporate membership) we were stuck in 2001 with me unable to drive following a flare up of arthritis in my wrist. The warden on site (CC) was singularly unhelpful, my late wife was pregnant and the AA turned up about two hours early. The driver took the awning down for me got us loaded up and all the warden did was complain about how long the recovery vehicle was parked on the site!!!!!!! when we got back to storage he sited the van for us (using the car) and then took us home.

I have to say though we also had excellent service from Green flag when the car died one easter.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
When we lived overseas we were members of the AA, but as luck would have it in twenty or more years, we only used them once. In the UK we find them to be very expensive for the same sort of cover offered by Greenflag. Aren't they a subsidiary of Centrica the gas people?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Surfer said:
When we lived overseas we were members of the AA, but as luck would have it in twenty or more years, we only used them once. In the UK we find them to be very expensive for the same sort of cover offered by Greenflag. Aren't they a subsidiary of Centrica the gas people?
from wikipediaThe private company
The association was de-mutualised in 1999 and was sold to Centrica for £1b (the company that runs British Gas).[9]
In 2002 the 'AA Motoring Trust' was to carry out their public interest motoring and road safety work following. This Its work was taken over by the IAM Motoring Trust on 31 December 2006.[10]
In 2004 the company was sold to CVC Capital Partners after which 3,000 jobs were 'axed'.[9]
In 2007 the company merged with Saga Group to form Acromas Holdingsonehave many

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts