Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi there people , I am going to Belgium for a week in July, Can any one recomend a camp site beside the sea or with a pool suitable for 2 teenage girls oh and the wife, many thanks mike

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike,

That's not such an easy question to answer - personal preferences and geography make this a bit of a poser.

For want of a better description, the country of Belgium looks like a narrow postbox - created in the 1800's as a buffer zone between the Netherlands and France. And the coastal area is only some 40 km long between De Panne and Knokke - and this includes the two ports of Oostende and Zeebrugge...

There are plenty of coastal camp-sites just north of the border with France - typically around the 10 km segment Koksijde - Nieuwpoort - Middelkerke - but they tend to be a bit cramped for space and only offer small pitches. But plenty of things to do for teenagers.

I really like Belgium,and always stay overnight in Damme (just north of Brugge) on my return commute from Rotterdam - but for our needs - only two adults - I couldn't recommend any of the coastal camp-sites.

But just 10 km inland and close-ish to Brugge, somewhere like "Camping Klein Strand" with it's own water park and inland beach - has a good reputation - 100 m2 pitches - and loads to do.

Otherwise, "Camping Blaarmeersen" in Gent (located in the City Recreation Park - loads to do) is rated as the best camp site in Belgium

Take a look through the ACSI on-line review site:

http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/belgium/west-flanders/
for the coastal region inland to Brugge, and if you want to find a review on Camping Blaarmeersen - you just need to navigate to the Gent page

As I said, I really like Belgium - eating out is the equal of France, the beer is seriously good, the cities of Brugge and Gent are absolute gems, and the region you plan to visit is the Dutch speaking area (so you can forget any French you might know) and English is widely understood.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just a thought.

Look at De Lilse Bergen. It's an inland site with a huge lake and plenty to do. It's only a short drive to both Holland or Germany. Al

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mike,

That's not such an easy question to answer - personal preferences and geography make this a bit of a poser.

For want of a better description, the country of Belgium looks like a narrow postbox - created in the 1800's as a buffer zone between the Netherlands and France. And the coastal area is only some 40 km long between De Panne and Knokke - and this includes the two ports of Oostende and Zeebrugge...

There are plenty of coastal camp-sites just north of the border with France - typically around the 10 km segment Koksijde - Nieuwpoort - Middelkerke - but they tend to be a bit cramped for space and only offer small pitches. But plenty of things to do for teenagers.

I really like Belgium,and always stay overnight in Damme (just north of Brugge) on my return commute from Rotterdam - but for our needs - only two adults - I couldn't recommend any of the coastal camp-sites.

But just 10 km inland and close-ish to Brugge, somewhere like "Camping Klein Strand" with it's own water park and inland beach - has a good reputation - 100 m2 pitches - and loads to do.

Otherwise, "Camping Blaarmeersen" in Gent (located in the City Recreation Park - loads to do) is rated as the best camp site in Belgium

Take a look through the ACSI on-line review site:

http://www.eurocampings.co.uk/en/europe/belgium/west-flanders/
for the coastal region inland to Brugge, and if you want to find a review on Camping Blaarmeersen - you just need to navigate to the Gent page

As I said, I really like Belgium - eating out is the equal of France, the beer is seriously good, the cities of Brugge and Gent are absolute gems, and the region you plan to visit is the Dutch speaking area (so you can forget any French you might know) and English is widely understood.

Robert
rob_jax thanks for that some one at sugested that site so i will give it a try .mike

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

We too like Belgium.You would find it useful to look in the Camping Cheque site.If you send away for their site book and map you will be pleasently surprised at how many sites there are in Belgium.Each site in the book has a full description with opening times etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi big al where is De Lilse Bergenand does it have a web site thanks mike
Hi Mike.

It is in the C&CC Carefree Summer 2008 book and yes it has a website. Just Google de lilse bergen and it is at the top of the list.

We stayed there Easter 2005 and had a great time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts