Bessacarr Cameo 525SL Water Pump Electrics

May 4, 2022
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I need some help/advice for a water pump issue that I have in the above caravan.
When the sink tap is operated the internal pump starts (as it should).
If the wash basin or shower taps are operated they do not trigger the internal pump.
Also, when the external water container is connected the sink tap works as expected, but shower and wash basin taps do not trigger the external pump.
All tap micro switches are good, and if a jumper wire is connected from the sink tap to either the wash basin or shower taps they will then trigger the internal pump.
From the above it would appear there is no power getting to the wash basin or shower taps and that is confirmed. (There is 12V at the sink tap).
What I can't figure out is where the power actually comes from and how it splits to power the three taps.
The basic circuit diagram in the manual shows the three taps connected in parallel as would be expected.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

David

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Not exactly sure of the layout, but numbering taps 1, 2, 3 starting nearest the battery, you would assume that 3 has 2 wires but 1 and 2 have 4 (two to each terminal) in order to be parallel wired. It sounds as if you can access the wiring to each and it is most likely that any interruption in the wire is close to the tap ends or at the taps themselves. Are the terminals well connected and not corroded? have any of the taps been replaced which might be where to look first? Do you have a means of testing the continuity of each wire in turn - perhaps your 'jump' lead with a 12v bulb in circuit would be a simple tester?

Last edited:
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I need some help/advice for a water pump issue that I have in the above caravan.
When the sink tap is operated the internal pump starts (as it should).
If the wash basin or shower taps are operated they do not trigger the internal pump.
Also, when the external water container is connected the sink tap works as expected, but shower and wash basin taps do not trigger the external pump.
All tap micro switches are good, and if a jumper wire is connected from the sink tap to either the wash basin or shower taps they will then trigger the internal pump.
From the above it would appear there is no power getting to the wash basin or shower taps and that is confirmed. (There is 12V at the sink tap).
What I can't figure out is where the power actually comes from and how it splits to power the three taps.
The basic circuit diagram in the manual shows the three taps connected in parallel as would be expected.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

David
Hi David
Welcome to the forum I also dont know the layout of your caravan but we had a caravan that had microswitchs on the taps and only the basin operated the pump (the furthest from the water heater) I found that the system also incorporated a pressure switch on the cold water supply to the water heater so the microswitchs on both the shower and kitchen tap did nothing. Check the cold supply pipe to water heater for a pressure switch may look similar to this download.jpeg

Gra

May 4, 2022
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay in response to your helpful suggestions....I caught Covid so was not great for a few days, however all recovered now.
Thanks for the ideas to fix my tap issue. I had to admit defeat in the end as I could not break into the wiring looms to find where power was being lost, so to fix the issue I ran an extra cable from the working tap in the sink to the tap in the wash basin and that also provided power to the shower tap...so job done...each tap now triggers the internal pump.

Cheers

David

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts