Best gadget or kit purchase.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Looking at another thread asking what should a new caravanner buy, apart from the caravan of course, I got to wondering what is the best or must successful accessory or gadget we have all bought.

For years, I found the Al-Ko wheel lock to be an absolute nightmare, especially working with the van on levelling ramps and in particular on that side of the van. You get the van level and the lock doesnt line up or the lock lines up and th van is on the proverbial.......

Last year, I bought the Lock'N'Level and it has been a godsend. I genuinely cant think of another buy that has been such a boon, unless of course we count the Cadac. For those that don't know, the Lock'N'Level is an inflatable cushion/air bag. You reverse onto this, put your wheel lock on, and then level the caravan by filling the bag.

When I bought it, I did have some trepidation as to how successful it would be supporting the caravan over a longer period three weeks to a month or so, but it has been absolutely fine.

Top marks.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Ours was the motor mover we fitted to our Eldiss many years ago. We kept the caravan in the drive which is narrow and steep and had the house one side and a brick wall the other. The road also slopes quite steeply and there is a lamp post opposite the drive just where you do not need it. It made life far easier and on site it made childs play of getting into some very difficult pitches. That was before every one else had one and it was a bit of a crowd puller in its day.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Mrs B. :) Does all the jobs including toilet and awning, does most of the towing, cleans the van and car. Oh I do sometimes sit and control the cadac.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Mrs B. :) Does all the jobs including toilet and awning, does most of the towing, cleans the van and car. Oh I do sometimes sit and control the cadac.

Wow, can I borrow her for the next trip.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thought you could adapt "The Throne" so you could pull the cassette, behind you and just wait at the disposal point, for some good Samaratan, ( or Numpty) to empty it ,. But then I suppose Jennys Breakfast would be late.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
With all the recent talk of twin axles being towed away when only one lock is fitted I am seriously considering trading Lady Therapy in for the lock n Level system.

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Cadac without a doubt. Only bought it earlier this year and over 2 weeks away this summer I didn't cook inside once. Bacon n' eggs for breakfast, standard barbecue fare for dinner, stir fries, fried rice, paella all cooked in the great outdoors. Brilliant piece of kit.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I've got to agree with Ray and Tuffty as the best thing we bought prior to the van we have now is a BBQ CADAC as it's always on when we're away regardless of weather and the second gadget has to be the motor mover on our new van which without it we would not get on the drive as another has said with it being awkward angles and would not get it in precise positions on some pitches on CL sites ! Expensive pieces of kit but well worth the money.

Craig .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Martin24 said:
With all the recent talk of twin axles being towed away when only one lock is fitted I am seriously considering trading Lady Therapy in for the lock n Level system.

Oh yes please, , exchange for a wheel lock for steel wheels. 13. 9.18. :p

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As above,a cadac bbq as a must,very closely followed by our towing cover.I know the covers are a bit marmite on here,but I bought our specialized one for £25 on gumtree in excellent nick,when I change vans I'll buy a new fitted one,worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Brasso530 said:
As above,a cadac bbq as a must,very closely followed by our towing cover.I know the covers are a bit marmite on here,but I bought our specialized one for £25 on gumtree in excellent nick,when I change vans I'll buy a new fitted one,worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry Brasso are you talking about a tow hitch cover? Cannot see the point of them , adverts of where you bought the caravan. Or talking about a front window cover. ?
And how very dare you, ! A Cadac is just that, not a BBQ. :woohoo:

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The big front towing cover,not hitch cover.Cant understand the logic on hitch covers,it's all non corrosive,and just tuck main wire under front "A" frame.
P.s it's a way of life. ;) :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Brasso530 said:
The big front towing cover,not hitch cover.Cant understand the logic on hitch covers,it's all non corrosive,and just tuck main wire under front "A" frame.
P.s it's a way of life. ;) :lol:

Thought you were going down the static way, :angry: head down , incoming. :unsure:
Ps our new duronics V8 Vacum cleaner. 1.8 kg.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
OH No ! :woohoo: Gas braai, what about your hunter gatherer homo sapien gene's Meat must be braai'ed (barbecued) on hot burning coals. Your ancestors must be turning in their graves! Not to mention the taste!

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
We generally move on too often to mess about with BBQ but I am very please with the single induction hob thing we brought. Excellent bit of kit. Can even use it on the shoddy 6a French campsites at the same time as the kettle :) Also very glad I fitted the motormover given some of the positions we had to get our caravan into on the euro-tour.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Mark31415 said:
....We generally move on too often to mess about with BBQ but I am very please with the single induction hob thing we brought. Excellent bit of kit.....

What's that !? Single induction hob ? We also bought a hot plate for if we run out off room on the BBQ which is good and easily cleaned .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts