Best product for resealing access door

Jul 13, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I've just bought a 2006 Sterling and it certainly appeared dry from the checks I did. However after cleaning the roof where lots of water was cascading off the nearside corner and hitting an access door (to the bottom of the wardrobe), I inspected that area inside to make sure it was dry. It wasn't. Now the caravan wasn't level and it was an unnatural amount of water it was contending with but still I think I should reseal it. The other lockers too maybe. Question is, what sealer should I use?

I'm new to caravans but quite good on cars and there's many different spec sealers for different applications so what's the best caravan gasket sealer?!

Cheers
Rob

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sikaflex 512 is a good flexible caravan sealant and bonding agent.
Be sure to remove all of the old sealant with a plastic freezer scraper and turps followed by methylated spirit to clean the surfaces to be sealed.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
StreakyBacon said:
Thanks. I'll get some ordered.

Is that what they use when building from new? Whats on seems more plyable than a polyurethane.
Because caravans travel over varying road surfaces with the attendant vibrations any sealant has to be flexible without cracking

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts