Best time of year to buy?

Dec 19, 2006
Visit site
I know that caravan years go from Sep to Aug so would I loose out if I ordered and took delivery of a new caravan during May/June or even July?

Im I right to assume that a caravan that was new in July becomes a year old 2 months later in September?

I am talking about a future trade in value.

Thanks for any views posted

Dodger

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Salad Dodger...short answer is yes.....a new van delivered late in the manufacturing season does become last years model in September. (the exception, I think is Bailey, who have moved away from annual changes.)

I ordered my new van in September 2004 for expected build and delivery for February 2005. The manufacture (i won't name them) but they were far from Swift in meeting expected delivery schedules. After many calls from myself and from our dealer we finally took delivery of the new van in May 2005.

We had another problem because we had let our old van go in part exchange at the end of October thinking we would not need to caravan until March...How wrong we were to trust their delivery dates which the manufacturer insisted were not confirmed dates but only planned build dates. Their attitude was one of being not bothered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts