best way to get to Pwllheli Haven site from the midlands?

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
any tips on getting to the pwllheli site with caravan in tow -from the midlands?
?
im thinking the a5 , a470,a496,a487?
but not being an expert tower just yet - wanted to make sure i wont come a cropper with any dodgy roads this route?
Any one been before that can offer advice?

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Thelma 65,
Hi . I live in Daventry and if I was off to Pwllhwli
Id think twice and stay at home , Never the less the choice is yours and you have picked up on the best route .
The scenery going through the slate quarry is marvellous.
I wont say any more
Regards Sir Roger

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
thelma65,
I live just outside Porthmadog and tow our twin axle Swift Conqueror regulary to the midlands.
I always use the same route. M54, A5 through Llangollen and Corwen, just past Corwen turn left to Bala, on entering Bala turn right onto A4212 signposted Porthmadog,after about 20 miles turn right at T-junction onto A470 then A487 to Porthmadog, at end of Porthmadog high street at traffic island turn left for Criccieth and Pwllheli, the Haven site is on the main road between Criccieth and Pwllheli.
A good easy tow, with excellent views. No problems along Porthmadog high street.
Make sure you abide by the speed limits, mobile speed checking vans, and have a good holiday.
Hamer.

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
For what it is worth I would endorse the route given by Hamer as it is one I have used a number of times and with him living in the area you can never beat local knowledge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts