Beware of Red Pennant Insurance

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I refer the OP to Rule 4 of Forum Etiquette which states

"You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks. Such individual issues should be taken up with the company direct."

Unfortunately as your complaint is live and ongoing you may seriously jeapordise your legal position by airing the complaint on a Public Forum.

For your legal safety the post and replies have been removed and it is requested that until the complaint has run its full complaints procedure route and is settled that no more is posted about the matter.

Thank you for your co operation

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Damian

Thanks for that.

A lot of good sense was also written by members here. Will it be right or wrong for you to forward the posts direct to Guy?

Genarally can I say where there is a dispute with an Insurer it is crucial the Complaints Procedure is followed to the letter.

Cheers

Dustydog

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
Damian

Thanks for that.

A lot of good sense was also written by members here. Will it be right or wrong for you to forward the posts direct to Guy?

Genarally can I say where there is a dispute with an Insurer it is crucial the Complaints Procedure is followed to the letter.

Cheers

Dustydog
would it be possible to advise the steps to follow?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Jeff,

Whenever you take out an insurance policy with a UK firm, they have to advise of the companies official complaints procedure.

Check your policy documentation for details. There is no coverall guidance I can give regarding individual companies procedures, but if they have run their course then you can usually lodge a complaint with the Insurance ombudsman, again details of how to do that must be provided by the insurance company or brokerage.

A simple but important note:-

Be honest, dishonesty is fraud, and more an more insurance companies are pursuing fraudulent claims vigorously.

Oct 6, 2006
Visit site
Hello Jeff,

Whenever you take out an insurance policy with a UK firm, they have to advise of the companies official complaints procedure.

Check your policy documentation for details. There is no coverall guidance I can give regarding individual companies procedures, but if they have run their course then you can usually lodge a complaint with the Insurance ombudsman, again details of how to do that must be provided by the insurance company or brokerage.

A simple but important note:-

Be honest, dishonesty is fraud, and more an more insurance companies are pursuing fraudulent claims vigorously.
Thanks we are following the guidleines set out in the policy, & of course are being honest, the insurer appears not to be & in this is our problem. We will continue to follow guidelines & hope for some recompense.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Jeff,

I do not set my self up to offer any judgements about who is right and who is wrong in a situation like yours, but it is clear that you do not like the response you are getting from your insurer.

If you have exhausted the in house claims and disputes procedure, and you are minded to take it further, there are three basic avenues open to you depending on the nature of the dispute.

The Insurance Ombudsman, for matters relating to terms and conditions set out in the policy and where a company refuses a claim that appears to be contrary to the terms and conditions.

The Financial Services Authority where the prudence of a company is in question,

A solicitor and the courts if you believe that you have suffered a loss that should have been the liability of the company.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts