Black streak remover

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Recently I was in a caravan accessories area of a shop and looked at the Fenwicks Black Streak Remover. I hadn’t realised that when the sprayer is empty the label says to fill with Caravan Cleaner to the lower fill mark and then top up the sprayer with water. Seems an expensive way to buy the fluid and spray bottle. I’ve always used Fenwick Caravan Cleaner to clean the van and then a 1:10 solution to work on black streaks. This is described on the Caravan Cleaner label and which works very well, and did so this time.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Yes, but at least they are being honest and not trying to sell the black streak remover as something different and special.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes, but at least they are being honest and not trying to sell the black streak remover as something different and special.

John

I didn’t say anything about honesty, more clever marketing. It was just a post to let members know that it seems to be a dyed dilution of caravan cleaner in a spray bottle at around £8, which can be made up easily at home at much less cost.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
:D
On our previous caravan we ended up with balck streaks and using the Fenwicks black streak remover would not work without a lot of hard rubbing. I then tried Fenwicks caravan cleaner and the black streaks were gone with a lot less effort.
We had our current caravan done with Paintseal and a quick wipe and black streaks are gone!

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
:D
On our previous caravan we ended up with balck streaks and using the Fenwicks black streak remover would not work without a lot of hard rubbing. I then tried Fenwicks caravan cleaner and the black streaks were gone with a lot less effort.
We had our current caravan done with Paintseal and a quick wipe and black streaks are gone!

Yes a dilution of Caravan Cleaner got rid of my black streaks last week, and the van had not been cleaned since February 2020.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes a dilution of Caravan Cleaner got rid of my black streaks last week, and the van had not been cleaned since February 2020.
We get ours washed about once a year in the spring mainly for the roof area to get rid of all the debris that collects there during the winter.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I didn’t say anything about honesty, more clever marketing. It was just a post to let members know that it seems to be a dyed dilution of caravan cleaner in a spray bottle at around £8, which can be made up easily at home at much less cost.

I did not say that you suggested any dishonesty! I was just pointing out that a less reputable organisation might not have given the ‘secrets’ on the side of the bottle.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i have tried Fenwicks caravan cleaner on our caravan i find with a little effort got rid of the black streaks . and now it looks nice and shiny

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Recently I was in a caravan accessories area of a shop and looked at the Fenwicks Black Streak Remover. I hadn’t realised that when the sprayer is empty the label says to fill with Caravan Cleaner to the lower fill mark and then top up the sprayer with water. Seems an expensive way to buy the fluid and spray bottle. I’ve always used Fenwick Caravan Cleaner to clean the van and then a 1:10 solution to work on black streaks. This is described on the Caravan Cleaner label and which works very well, and did so this time.
Hi,
Whilst I agree Fenwick's products remove black streaks so just about any cleaning product.No product stops the return of black streaks.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Arghh Black streaks.Can be a nightmare but to be honest I have tried just about all of the black streak removers out there. Blue Diamond is a good one but better one comes from Aldi it only came on the scene 2 years ago along with a Caravan Shampoo. this one is not to be confused with on they used to sell in the green spray bottles this new one is a Power force product . Just spray on and you see it lift the black streaks while spraying it on .
Sir Roger .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts