Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Evening All,

Just a very quick bit of info please. Does anybody use a BMW 323i for towing? I have seen the stats for towing and it say maximum 1700kg braked (my van is 1050 plus another 200 for all the junk we haul). I am fairly sure it would tow it without a problem (have had 5 BMW's so far, but never towed with one). Just after any personal experiences.

Regards

Danny

*Re-posted because I was a muppet and stuck it in the wrong forum.

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi.

I currently tow with a 2001 325i. My caravan is 1425kg loaded, and it tows brilliant.Even with the van on the car is still very quick and stable.

Regards David.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Danny,

BMW's make fantastic tow cars. I used to tow a 1350kg Swift with a 330i Coupe and you didn't know there was anything on the back. I have a 5 series now which will tow 2000KG but then then it's a heavier car. With your van you will be fine. It's rear wheel drive as you know which is a big plus. Why drive some clunky Korean tank when you can motor along in Bavaria's finest? Your van deserves better!

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Jeff, I have owned several (5 years in Germany, it would be rude not to) and I thought they were great, fairly puritan in those days but a good solid drive. Looking forward to the warmer weather so I can get away again (I am no fair weather fairy, but the wife and kids are).

Regards

Danny

ALH

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Danny,

BMW's make fantastic tow cars. I used to tow a 1350kg Swift with a 330i Coupe and you didn't know there was anything on the back. I have a 5 series now which will tow 2000KG but then then it's a heavier car. With your van you will be fine. It's rear wheel drive as you know which is a big plus. Why drive some clunky Korean tank when you can motor along in Bavaria's finest? Your van deserves better!
Some of us have to buy what we can afford and what offers the best value for money.

Al

Aug 27, 2006
Visit site
I love my "Korean Tank", and really enjoy the fact that in the Top Gear Car of the Year Awards a few years ago it came second in the "Ugliest Car in the Country" Award to a BMW!

I do, of course, drive, and tow with, a Ssangyong Rodius!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts