Mar 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi

We stayed at a really nice Caravan Club site on Anglesey over easter and had been set up for a day when the site warden came over and told me that i had plugged my mains cable into the wrong bollard !with which he un=plugged the lead (half way through a football match i was watching) and took it to another bollard on the other side of the van and plugged me back in.I should say that each bollard only had 1 of the 3 available sockets in use at the time and wondered if there was some C.C.ruling about this like the one that says where the marker peg should be positioned in relation to the van or was he just being o jobs worth with nothing better to do?We have stayed at several of the club sites in the past and have never had this happen before

May 25, 2005
Visit site
On the odd occasion, usually when a hookup is being used at the time of our arrival, we hook up to an adjacent electric point. Never has the warden on site (CC or other) unplugged and replugged us. When our point became available we did this ourselves. I think it rude of the warden to do this. I, being a bit of a hot head, would have had to have a strong word in his ear. This sort of attitude should not be accepted.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
John,

Each bollard is within reach of three piches,not all pitches are within reach of two bollards, therefor if you plug into the wrong bollard you could leave a pitch allocated that bollard with no where to go.

I think the warden was doing his job, if you had been left with nowhere to plug in, you would be complaining to him.

I have seen bollards with pitch numbers on them, was this not the case here.

Tony A.

Mar 3, 2007
Visit site
John,

Each bollard is within reach of three piches,not all pitches are within reach of two bollards, therefor if you plug into the wrong bollard you could leave a pitch allocated that bollard with no where to go.

I think the warden was doing his job, if you had been left with nowhere to plug in, you would be complaining to him.

I have seen bollards with pitch numbers on them, was this not the case here.

Tony A.
Hi Tony

There did not appear to be any pitch numbers on the bollard that i could see and though i take your point about leaving someone with nowhere to plug in, there were bollards at the rate of about 1 to every 3 pitches and the one i originally used was near a vacant pitch which remained vacant for the whole 3 days of our stay

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi John, Very strange for the Warden to that, unless he knew something you didn't know about that particular bollard, you might have plugged into a higher socket. But even still bad manners to just unplug you whilst watching your t.v. Liz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts