Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm in the process of changing bottles from Camping gas which served us well around Europe to BP lite. However it appears that Calor are really putting pressure on suppliers to withdraw or sell there item. I hate the idea of this and really want to go with BP, however will i find it discontinued or hard to find in the coming years?

Homebase are the main supplier and i can't find it on their website. If this source goes then it could be a struggle to re-fill, anyone got any comments and why is it not available at BP petrol stations?

Looking to get this soon before 10 days in Scotland at the start of December.

Regards

Andrew

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andrew

I changed last year from 4.5 kgs Butane to Calorlite. The full cylinder is about the same weight but with much more gas. As a CC member I can also change cylinders on site.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Had a right performance getting BP lite for someone who was attending a rally we were running earlier this year. I offered as I was doing a gas run and yes eventually turned up at homebase and waited 20 minutes to get it. Also over the past few years Homebase have had a rocky ride what happens if they go under? Use the calor myself for medical/lifting reasons, otherwise would stick to normal calor because of the price difference

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i still use bp lite and calor ,i normally use a 6 kg calor cylinder and when its just below half empty , i place the 10 kg bp cylinder in the van keeping the calor cylinder as a reserve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts