Bradcot Active Awning

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Erica, I have an Active and Portoico Plus porch. I think they are very good value and are well made but the instructions are the worst I have seen. It did not worry me as I have been caravanning a long time, and without being arrogant awnings are much of a muchness when it comes to fitting them, but if I was a newcomer then no chance of doing it correctly 1st time.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
There is some truth in what you say Ray, particularly about the instructions. However, I believe the bradcot to be one of the best awnings I've seen. If possible, specify the easy-system poles which make it possible to single handedly erect the awning in 20 mins.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Erica

We have the Bradcot with the easy alloy poles and though instructions definitely not the best I've seen there are only 3 poles,one obviously the middle so doesnt need a genius to work it out

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Erica

We had a Bradcot awning (our first) and it was great - it virtaully went up on its own. You don't need detailed instructions because it is so simple. Only wish we had stayed with it.

Ann

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
The Bradcots are dead easy to erect - I find ours simpler than our small Isabella porch awning. I stand the poles up, connected (they balance, just) about 6 ft from the caravan first. Then pull the awning through the rail (make sure the front and side panels are off first). Then simply pull the awning over the poles, connect the roof poles to the awning connectors and lengthen. One-person job, when no wind - 20 mins tops. Pegging out's the pain - and zipping in the panels (do this before pegging).

Practice makes perfect. Good luck....

san

Jan 18, 2006
Visit site
Like everyone else I would reccommend this awning,in fact the first time my wife and I put it up we never even fell out.!
hi, i have a teal & gray bradcot porch awning i think its size is 875, used only 3 times due to onset of disability which is a shame, as you all say its the best,

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have no problem with our 1025 awning but when putting up the Bradcot Portico ther is always arguments. The porch awning takes as long to put up as the main awning. I wish I had never bought it. Next time around I will probably go for the scenic extra.

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Erica

We have a Bradcot Active with the new Alloy quick fit poles. It's brilliant. Light and easy to use. 3 poles you can't go wrong.

We pick up our new van in a couple of weeks and I'm dissapointed that it wont fit, so we've got to get another.

Trisha

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts