Breakdown cover

Mar 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi, can anyone reccomend a company that offers a competitively priced brakdown cover for car and caravan that that covers a famil of six?

Thanks x

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Caravan Club Mayday - even if you're not a member and add the joining fee to the premium it's still good value for the excellent cover.

Double journey cover is standard, eg back to site with broken down car and then home with car and caravan - most others are single journey and only cover caravan if it's attached at time of breakdown.

Breakdown, accident or illness of main driver are all covered. Most accident cover excludes the caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Claire,

Like Roger I would thoroughly reccomend the caravan clubs Mayday breakdown service operated by green Flag ,very reasonable in price and very professional in there dealings.Just an example of there service my daughter broke down on the M25 near Heathrow Airport and they telephoned her every 10minutes till the breakdown truck arrived making sure she was ok,plus informing the highways agency where she was on the motorway and they kept the camera on her so that she was safe.Thats the service or part of it you get can't be bad.Jim

Mar 20, 2007
Visit site
Caravan Club Mayday - even if you're not a member and add the joining fee to the premium it's still good value for the excellent cover.

Double journey cover is standard, eg back to site with broken down car and then home with car and caravan - most others are single journey and only cover caravan if it's attached at time of breakdown.

Breakdown, accident or illness of main driver are all covered. Most accident cover excludes the caravan.
Thanks Roger, I will look into that one,

Best wishes,

Claire

Mar 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi Claire,

Like Roger I would thoroughly reccomend the caravan clubs Mayday breakdown service operated by green Flag ,very reasonable in price and very professional in there dealings.Just an example of there service my daughter broke down on the M25 near Heathrow Airport and they telephoned her every 10minutes till the breakdown truck arrived making sure she was ok,plus informing the highways agency where she was on the motorway and they kept the camera on her so that she was safe.Thats the service or part of it you get can't be bad.Jim
Thanks Jim, that is fantastic! What peace of mind. Will have a look now,

Best wishes,

Claire

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi I can recomend Green Flag / Mayday too. i.m with Gf to be honest the extra that mayday costs isn't worth it to me just for the double journey cover.

If the car breaks down on the way to our holiday i'll get it fixed whilst we're there so we can use it for the maximum time, not be without it all holiday then get it lifted back.

The caravan is covered to be recovered with the car so no worries there.

Does Mayday cover the caravan [EG wheel change or recovery of the 'van if say a wheel bearing fails]? I'm not sure if GF does.

My only other complaint with Mayday is you can't get European cover, I looked into it and you have to take out Extra Red Penant cover. Its more like full travel insurance. I only wanted to pop down to disneyland paris with the car solo!

Just my thoughts but Definatly GF or Mayday.

Gareth

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi I can recomend Green Flag / Mayday too. i.m with Gf to be honest the extra that mayday costs isn't worth it to me just for the double journey cover.

If the car breaks down on the way to our holiday i'll get it fixed whilst we're there so we can use it for the maximum time, not be without it all holiday then get it lifted back.

The caravan is covered to be recovered with the car so no worries there.

Does Mayday cover the caravan [EG wheel change or recovery of the 'van if say a wheel bearing fails]? I'm not sure if GF does.

My only other complaint with Mayday is you can't get European cover, I looked into it and you have to take out Extra Red Penant cover. Its more like full travel insurance. I only wanted to pop down to disneyland paris with the car solo!

Just my thoughts but Definatly GF or Mayday.

Gareth
I've just checked and it appears from the wording in Gf's T&C's that a trailer or caravan becomes covered to the same cover as the car once you hitch up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts