Breakdown in Europe - alternative to Red Pennant?

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi squonk. I'll bet you're all excited about your first trip! I'm planning our umpteenth, and still get an adrenilin rush, just working out routes and sites.
Ref European breakdown, I've been with the German company ADAC for years now, and find them absolutely first class.
I had to repatriate my car last year, done with no fuss or bother, and when I asked to return my caravan later (as we hadn't finished the holiday) they gave me a hire car, then reimbursed all my expenses for getting the van home. Its difficult not to praise them too highly, but they really are that good.
And the best bit? The premium is around €80.! This gives you world-wide cover, for just about everything you could imagine going wrong.
When I asked how they did all this for so little, the reply was that with 17 million members, they can do almost anything!
If there is a snag, it's having to wait for an English speaker when phoning.
They also cover in UK, I believe through the AA.
Oh, and there is no age restriction for your vehicle, whereas most British clubs won't cover vehicles over ten years old.
I was introduced to ADAC by fellow-former DianneT, and cannot thank her enough for the tip.
Simply google ADAC for all the info you need.
And of course, enjoy your trip!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
emmerson said:
Oh, and there is no age restriction for your vehicle, whereas most British clubs won't cover vehicles over ten years old.
Red Pennant do cover vehicles up to 12 years old however as pointed out they are very expensive. ADAC does sound like a better and cheaper bet and worth investigating.
BTW have you been to that site near Pembridge recently?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
When you look at the cover given and the cost of repatriation if needed then the cover to us is very reasonable for what you get. What really counts though is the service which from the feedback is second to none. We would not risk a cheaper deal as we know the policy is probably as good as it gets.
Given the cost of the holiday probably runs over £1,000 then the cost is not that bad.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts