Bring it on!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I started the thread regarding the heavy snowfall in SOUTH AFRICA and people being unprepared for it and once again we have the pro EVs wallahs coming out of the woodwork.

EVs have been done to DEATH so can we please give it a break and can all those pro EVs posters please crawl back into their hole to give us all a break from their views. Thank you!
I think post #27 started the Fred Drift with an implied anti EV comment, compounded perhaps by #33😱

But nuff said.

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
I started the thread regarding the heavy snowfall in SOUTH AFRICA and people being unprepared for it and once again we have the pro EVs wallahs coming out of the woodwork.

EVs have been done to DEATH so can we please give it a break and can all those pro EVs posters please crawl back into their hole to give us all a break from their views. Thank you!
Fred Drift strikes again, suck it up!

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Like always, You do not have to respond to the EV wallas, but you did , in 33, 38, 42, 46 and finally 50.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Strange. Eight of your posts Clive come over as an advocate for EV #27 and #33 are pretty neutral.
Stranger still is that in the posts after #31 I have not expressed any personal view advocating EVs but mainly stating facts relating to Government policy wrt to the introduction timescales for EV, and concern at the impact of the percentage quota for EV versus ICE sales. I even expressed understanding at why South Africa and other countries may need new ICE given their infrastructure limitations. Lastly I expressed understanding as to why governments may have to make potentially unpopular decisions in order to achieve a strategic goal. None of which supports your view of me advocating EV.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It was the very long and totally unnecessary dialogue by another poster that really took it off the rails. In future can we please avoid the EV nonsense and babble in posts unless the post is directly about EVs. I will also try not to respond to babble about EVS. Thanks.

However as an update even more snow is expected, but where my son is located about 250 miles north near Kruger National Park last night the temperature was 30C at 7.30pm in the evening after the sun had set.

Strangely a number of SA actors have jumped on the band wagon and asked the govt why they did not use helicopters to rescue people? I don't think any helicopter pilot wants to fly in such adverse weather and then probably have nowhere suitable to land especially if they have no experience of flying in snow, but then I ma not a helicopter pilot. LOL!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It was the very long and totally unnecessary dialogue by another poster that really took it off the rails. In future can we please avoid the EV nonsense and babble in posts unless the post is directly about EVs. I will also try not to respond to babble about EVS. Thanks.

However as an update even more snow is expected, but where my son is located about 250 miles north near Kruger National Park last night the temperature was 30C at 7.30pm in the evening after the sun had set.

Strangely a number of SA actors have jumped on the band wagon and asked the govt why they did not use helicopters to rescue people? I don't think any helicopter pilot wants to fly in such adverse weather and then probably have nowhere suitable to land especially if they have no experience of flying in snow, but then I ma not a helicopter pilot. LOL!
Can I come out of my hole now please? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hutch knows better than me.

There is a phenomen called Whiteout experienced in the Antarctic and Arctic in particular.
Whoiteout is a weather condition that occurs when the ground is covered in snow and the sky is overcast, making it difficult to see landmarks and contours. Very dangerous for pilots. I guess those in SA are more used to Giraffes and Zebras

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hutch knows better than me.

There is a phenomen called Whiteout experienced in the Antarctic and Arctic in particular.
Whoiteout is a weather condition that occurs when the ground is covered in snow and the sky is overcast, making it difficult to see landmarks and contours. Very dangerous for pilots. I guess those in SA are more used to Giraffes and Zebras
Back in the seventies, we had a one or two Alouette helicopter crashes when flying at night as pilot became disorientated due to something about not seeing the horizon and flying into the ground? The pilots had night training on conventional aircraft, but helicopters apparently are different. Night flying in helicopters was stopped.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts