British Gas acting as a bank on my behalf

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I can't see the problem about driving 12 miles to get to the bank. Do some shopping at the same time, fill the car with fuel, have a snack lunch out. Gets you out for some fresh air. I think you are making excuses for not getting out. My wife tends to do that, so I get ready to go and tell her I will not need any lunch. She is ready to go very quickly.
We normally do all our shopping in the opposite direction which is only a 10 mile drive, but unfortunately the branch for NW there was closed a few years ago. The only bank in that town is Lloyds. I look forward to getting out on Wednesday to do the shopping as it makes a pleasant change from visiting the hospital.

Admittedly we could go into the city of Worcester which is nearer, but then have to pay for parking and the NW is just that bit too far for me to walk plus not liking horrendous traffic and also crowds of people. That is my excuse for not going to the closest branch of NW. Our choice.

However if BGAS had simply refunded the money back into the account there would be no reason for my post about distance etc, but then BGAS love to make things as awkward as possible as the longer they can hand onto your money the more interest they accumulate!

To be honest we are grateful that at long last we are getting a refund so happy to drive the 28 mile round trip and see the world. LOL! :LOL:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I would have thought by now , you would have a Blue Badge , for your self , for parking. Double yellow line parking for free. Etc.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We do have a BB, but you still need to pay for parking in the multi story car park nearest NW branch. The city centre is all pedestrianised so no parking anyway. I know that it reads like a lot of excuses not to go into the city, but how many people like going into city centres? :unsure:

Less stress going out of town as I can park on yellow line right outside the NW branch in Malvern or just around the corner. Anyway plenty time to decide as they have stated it will be between 7 - 14 days before the cheque arrives.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Didn’t Buckman close his BG account. I closed my BIL account in order to bring BG to heel but it couldn’t then be reset.
But the6 still have his account details. Or do they? I wonder exactly what they still hold?
Didn’t Buckman close his BG account. I closed my BIL account and cancelled DD in order to bring BG to heel but it couldn’t then be reset and accept a refund.
What makes you think the Fat Cats totally delete ab initio all your financial data😝

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
But the6 still have his account details. Or do they? I wonder exactly what they still hold?

What makes you think the Fat Cats totally delete ab initio all your financial data😝
I never said that closing an account means removal of your data. In fact holding data in archive makes sense in case there are follow on queries that need to be investigated.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
So what does #82 really mean? I read it …
It means that once the account is closed it cannot be used by BG to process normal transactions. But personal details will be retained. If these include bank details I’m not sure. But by holding details in archive if there’s a dispute later then the records are available.

The thread is now about at an end now Buckman is to receive his refund, albeit by cheque.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
It means that once the account is closed it cannot be used by BG to process normal transactions. But personal details will be retained. If these include bank details I’m not sure. But by holding details in archive if there’s a dispute later then the records are available.

The thread is now about at an end now Buckman is to receive his refund, albeit by cheque.
Once, with a different organisaton. I was due a refund. I asked for it to be paid directly into my account. They said that was not possible as the law says they have to destroy my bank details immediately after a DD is cancelled.

I imagine that that is truly the case.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Once, with a different organisaton. I was due a refund. I asked for it to be paid directly into my account. They said that was not possible as the law says they have to destroy my bank details immediately after a DD is cancelled.

I imagine that that is truly the case.

John
That makes sense as the bank details are unlikely be required in the event there are downstream enquiries relating to the company’s actions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts