Broadband prices

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I have been with BT for a while and their prices have gradually crept up. I started to look around for cheaper deals and Orange gave me a quote £20 cheaper per month. After mulling it over for a while i decided to ring Bt to tell them i was going to leave as i had been offered a lower price. Their operator asked what i had been quoted and what i had been offered, and after a bit of umming and ahing dropped my monthly bill from £56.65 to £27.65

A worthwhile phone call but how many of us don,t complain and still pay too much!

Steve

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
sadly the days are gone of loyalty paying dividends,nearly every year I change car insurance as the initial price jumps up even though no changes.Well done though.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........I do not know to what type of broadband you are referring as you do not say.......... if is home broadband then we do not pay anything as it is included free with the phone supplier and it is unlimited.
The phone cost is also cheaper than BT in the first place!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at Plusnet although now owned by BT at least have a call center in UK. As I am away from home a lot I've gone for the lowest possible price monthly and pay extre for more capacity when at home - still cheaper than having a big allowance which I only use about 7 months a year.

My complaint is not about price but speed. But we are at the end of 7 or 8 miles of very old much jointed copper wire, so I guess nothing will get better until we can get either sat. connection or line-of sight- radio link. Mkes most of the campsite systems seem pretty good !

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The Doog and Deli Dave make a classic point.

They capture you with a low price and then increase it year on year.
BT now give us WI Fi unlimited downloads and free land line calls 24/7 for individual calls up to 59 minutes.
I think it's about £15.00 a month.
CC Car Insurers put the premium up every year . One phone call and to this day I am still paying with a £1.00
of 6 years ago price.

The same goes for Sky. You have to call their bluff.

Sadly this ploy failed with Practical Caravan subscription service so my contract finishes next month!! Obviously they don't want me!!! :woohoo:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts