brugge

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone been to Brugge?

Is it as nice as I have heard? were just looking for a couple of days in an hotel.

Any views welcome..

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Smiley,

Brugge - highly recommended - as is Damme and Gent

I work part of the year in Rotterdam and commute by car from the UK, and after work on Friday i usually spend the night in Damme - a town 5 km to the north-east of Brugge.

Brugge is truly beautiful - the food is great and the beer is better. Try to do one of the micro-brewery tours...

Eating on the central square is expensive, it's better value to eat just off the square, or do as many of the locals do - and eat in Damme

If you want a few hotel recommendations - let me know - there are some great value family run hotels - such as:

"De Speye" in Damme - I pay Euro 58 for a modern double room including breakfast

"Het Wilgenhof" between Damme and Brugge - around Euro 75 in a stylishly converted farm house

And I'm trying to think of the name of another farm hotel near Dudzele, this one serves a full cooked breakfast including their own farm eggs and bacon - as a veggie I just have the eggs - and a full-board option with a farm evening meal and they have a regular client

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
Lovely place. We stayed at the Hotel Navarra, which is right in the centre, and has a private car park. It's 5 minutes walk into the main square from here. Would highly recommend it. This was before we owned a caravan, I should add!

Nov 2, 2007
Visit site
hi brugge is knowen as the venice of the north.Take a canal trip it is worth it.had my honeymoon in brugge a long time ago and we are going back agin this summer .there are lots of hotels and some very good bups in all the main squares.enjoy yourself Mike.

Feb 23, 2008
Visit site
Just returned from a trip to visit son in Germany. Stayed in Brugge on the way out. It was stunning even at this time of year. We stayed in a family run hotel calle The Isiris about a 5 min walk from the centre with parking too. The hotel has lots of Belgium charm and the owner is very helpful

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, we had to call off our break, but we are planning to september now.

I will print off all your info and start looking again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts