buccaneer clipper 2011

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Im thinking of buying a new buccaneer clipper. The spec looks great until I read about the cooker. Would you believe it only has 3 burners. Not 3 gas burners & an electric hot plate. No, only 3 gas burners! For £25,000.00 you would think they would have something better. When on an electric hook-up we tend to use the electric hot plate to heat up beans and the like on the hot plate. Well you have paid for the electric have`nt you and the gas just seems to be getting dearer & dearer, Pete. (not a skinflint)

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We like the Clipper very much too, but agree that on a high spec van such as this, not having a hob with an electric hot-plate is a mistake. Swift have had 3 gas burners and 1 hot-plate for years now. It's handy if the gas runs out unexpectedly, too, as you can still use the hot plate (provided you're on EHU that is!).
If our 2 year old Swift Challenger hadn't given us so many problems from new, we wouldn't even be considering another manufacturer. We have been loyal Swift customers, but we are constantly taking this van back and forth to the dealer, having warranty work done and we're now getting so fed up I think we would even forego having the usefulness of a hot-plate.

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Having just bought a 2003 buccaneer elan after many years of owning a Rapido 741 motorhome,.....I.cant see why you would be concerned over a three burner hob....All buccaneers seem to have a microwave ..If you look at the top end of the motor home market ,you can pay up to £75.000 for a motor home and they dont even come with a oven and in some just a two burner hob,however they do have a microwave..Recently we looked at a £20.ooo caravan with a fixed bed, adornned with beautiful bedding,the dealer stated the bedding did not come with the van.but could be purchaced for £200 pounds..

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
3 burners are great as you can get a big wok or frying pan on it properly ,always found that the 4 burner hobs were too cramped.
Cooking doesnt use up much gas, its heating that uses up the gas so still use that on electric.
Interesting that on the Elddis Crusader range you have a choice of 3 burner or gas and electric hob,also now with Alde heating the Bucccaneer looks quite expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts