Bunk condensation

Sep 3, 2005
Visit site
Please can anyone come up with a suggestion as to how we can eliminate the condesation under the mattress of the upper bunk. Our 10 year old must loose half his body weight in water during the night and it is causing the hinge down the middle of the base to rust. Any simple solution to this problem,I am afraid we can't just leave him at home alone!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kristina, I am going to presume, after reading your post, that the 10yr old sleeps on the lower bunk, and it is their breathing/sweating or whatever which is condensing on the underside of the top bunk.

If this is the case, I would suggest using a cotton sheet which can be fitted under the top bunk, similar to a curtain, but with expanding wires at both ends and hooked onto eyes screwed intothe bed frame.

The cotton sheet will absorb the moisture, and can be washed and dried during the day.

Hope this helps.

Sep 3, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions but don't care much about the bunk condesation issue. I have been more interested in reading all the banter, light hearted and other wise. Just wiping the tears from my panda eyes. Keep up the sterling work you put into this forum and I'll keep on amusing myself reading your comments. Nice to know there really are good humoured and friendly people still existing within the caravanning fraturnity, seems at times I'm the only person on site making an effort to communicte and it's getting me down, so much so I'm begining to loose the will to live or speak. I think to qualify fully as a warden at a CC site it must be a condition to have a sense of humour by-pass. We all realise they have to work very hard during peak times but what does a smile cost, I believe the answer is nothing! Thank you again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts