Butlins Skegness

Jun 29, 2008
Visit site
Chris,

there is very little useful information on the web about the Butlins touring park at Skegness. To book you have to ring them (I don't have the number but google butlins touring caravan site skegness and you'll get it). We stayed there 3 1/2 to 4 years ago so anything I say is from our experience at the time. The touring park is part of a larger static caravan park and we were parked on a grass pitch. Judging by the markers for the other pitches around us I would guess that at busy periods caged chickens springs to mind but it wasn't that busy when we were there. The Butlins complex is within easy reach(10 - 15 mins walking) using an underpass to get to the main resort. The resort itself is outstanding with plenty to do at different times all day. The very worst thing about the whole holiday was the toilet/shower blocks. One block is a concrete block building and the others are porta cabins. The concrete block building had birds living in it and it was not unusual to find bird poo on the shower curtains. You know it's dirty when your 5 year old tells you it is! The porta cabins were in a very poor state of repair and had been vandalised (people had punched holes in the walls) and on numerous occasions we went to use them and they were flooded. We have telephoned since to see if the shower blocks have been upgraded as the resort itself is great but I fear they have not. As I say this is an account of our experience at the time and it may well have changed by now.

Dave

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Chris,

there is very little useful information on the web about the Butlins touring park at Skegness. To book you have to ring them (I don't have the number but google butlins touring caravan site skegness and you'll get it). We stayed there 3 1/2 to 4 years ago so anything I say is from our experience at the time. The touring park is part of a larger static caravan park and we were parked on a grass pitch. Judging by the markers for the other pitches around us I would guess that at busy periods caged chickens springs to mind but it wasn't that busy when we were there. The Butlins complex is within easy reach(10 - 15 mins walking) using an underpass to get to the main resort. The resort itself is outstanding with plenty to do at different times all day. The very worst thing about the whole holiday was the toilet/shower blocks. One block is a concrete block building and the others are porta cabins. The concrete block building had birds living in it and it was not unusual to find bird poo on the shower curtains. You know it's dirty when your 5 year old tells you it is! The porta cabins were in a very poor state of repair and had been vandalised (people had punched holes in the walls) and on numerous occasions we went to use them and they were flooded. We have telephoned since to see if the shower blocks have been upgraded as the resort itself is great but I fear they have not. As I say this is an account of our experience at the time and it may well have changed by now.

Dave
Dave, Thanks - we've booked for a week in August. Hopefully they've updated the washblocks or we'll be using our onboard shower!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts