By God it's cold ... and still no onesie!!

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

1. Arrived Charmouth 5pm Fri night. Opened van door to find our sugar and liquid soap mixed all over the floor! Not happy as floor still sticky now. Cleared it up and found a hole in our worktop where salt or pepper pot had fallen out. Anyway got awning up in minimal rain but it was cold. It has barely got above freezing and with windchill about minus 8! Been to Charmouth beach today dressed in several layers and had a refreshing but freezing walk. Lovely in caravan not so warm in the awning but we are making the best of it. Still no onesie which Mum may regret! Off to Lyme Regis tomorrow providing the snow doesn't come! Happy caravanning one and all x

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Your braver than us Lisa, our planned trip to the Peak District next weekend is looking more unlikely with every fresh snowfall
smiley-cry.gif

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Nah! That's not cold. We were away in December 2010 when it was an actual -10 to -12 (and not getting much higher in the day). It was wonderful, as we really appreciated the cosiness of the caravan. By some miracle of a bit of lagging, we managed to prevent the cold water from freezing.
ENJOY IT!

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Corrrr.... i must be a right woosie, caravan goes to bed October and doesn't come out to play till easter, this year probably later... cannot see the fun in sitting in a tin can while it's raining cats and dogs, or your freezing you whatits off, even with the Alde on full blast.. Roll on Summer !!!
smiley-laughing.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Christmas away at Carnon Downs 2010 recorded Minus 10 deg C. Water systems were ok with insulation. The site taps froze. We had to walk nearly 500 yards to fill the aquaroll, but everything else was fine and we were snug .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Happy Easter to all on the Forum ! I'll refrain ( With some difficulty) from describing the weather, cheap booze etc.etc where we are but just to encourage those of a certain age and/or those who have yet to brave getting away from it all December to April to reconsider. I very much doubt you would regret it.
I do, of course, fully appreciate why many cannot and was in that situation myself for many years.
If you need advice or ideas go to the Overseas part of the Forum and you will get answers ideas and support in plenty.
I would bet that virtually all of it would be supportive to the idea of trying it at least once.
'Oh to be in England now that April's there' is a fine sentiment and I look forward to seeing the green hills of Somerset again, but I suggest it needs to be changed to 'now thaqt mid April's there'
Flecia Pascua !

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......yes a caravan may not be a time machine like the Tardus but it is a good tool for changing the climate.
Just go South with one and sooner or later you can find warmth.

I will be near Portsmouth from this Thursday on an Easter Rally.......somehow I do not think that will be far enough south
smiley-wink.gif

Hope you are still enjoying Charmouth Lisa

P.S.
Lisa ....... did you win a hammock at the PC Rally at Stowford in 2011 or am I putting two and two together to make five?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
F.A.O. Backwoodsman

Unfortunately the text of your post has failed to load to the message board.

It's highly likely that the reason for this will be your choice of web browser. Contrary to popular belief most versions of Internet Explorer use older incomplete codes which do not automatically update and which do not comply with present day internet technology. Microsoft recognise the problem and have come up with a way to resolve this issue, Click Here for instructions on how to activate the Internet Explorer compatibility mode. Alternatively you might like to choose a more up to date web browser such as Mozilla Firefox.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Greetings from a sunny home county of Gloucestershire! Arrived back Thurs and have now only just finished all the washing! Van spotless inside and out. Can't wait till our next trip in a fortnight as got the bug again now! Used a whole gas bottle in 6 days ... blame the parents as they lived with us in the day and Mum seemed to like the indoor temp at 88 degrees lol. Can't complain as we loved Newlands and the surrounding area and the weather was dry all the time apart from our arrival. Can't wait to go back next year.3n8

And no, we didn't attend the Stowford Rally so it wasn't me who won the hammock! Mores the pity!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Happy Easter Lisa, hope you remembered to put the clocks forward
smiley-laughing.gif

You could still be in with a chance of winning the hammock because the Practical Caravan Rally at Stowford doesn't take place until 3rd-6th May and there are still places left.
I read a story about police dressed as a zebra and a monkey in onesies who arrested a man on suspicion of violence and I thought about you.
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Dustydog said:
I'll stay as a Woosie
smiley-laughing.gif

I think I'm with Sir Dustydog on this one.

Thanks for the pictures anyway King Gagakev
Saw him for real this morning Sir WC, there he was walking across site in his Penguin onesie, they really are availible.
Thought of you right away
smiley-smile.gif

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Saw him for real this morning Sir WC, there he was walking across site in his Penguin onesie, they really are availible.
Thought of you right away
smiley-smile.gif

Gagakev
I've absolutely got no idea why you looking at a penguin would make you think of me
smiley-embarassed.gif

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Glad you had a good holiday Solidlisa. You'll be glad to know I only used the onesie once, but my kids wore theirs every night, tucked in with 15tog quilts AND their electric blankets - a whole family of woosies!
We had an amazing time at broadhembury, but by crikey it was cold!

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
DCG - glad that you wore your onesie at least once! Sounds very toasty and warm and it obviously hasn't put you off. We are off to Cirencester Park this weekend, apparently we are in for a 'warm spring weekend' ... we shall see!
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS